over active bladder

It might IF your overactive bladder is due to blood sugar issues. Frequent urination can be caused by your body trying to rid itself of unused glucose (blood sugar) through the urine. In fact the word diabetes has a greek origin that means "siphon" and refers to frequent urination.

According to my lab results I didn't have any diabetes warnings but regardless when my whole30 got underway, I stopped needing to pee multiple times in the middle of the night.

It might IF your overactive bladder is due to blood sugar issues. Frequent urination can be caused by your body trying to rid itself of unused glucose (blood sugar) through the urine. In fact the word diabetes has a greek origin that means "siphon" and refers to frequent urination.

According to my lab results I didn't have any diabetes warnings but regardless when my whole30 got underway, I stopped needing to pee multiple times in the middle of the night.

I don't have a problem with urinating alot at night. My husband he gets up alot and I have him wake me up at least once because I just won't get up and go on my own. LOL I'm the same way if I'm freezing I will NOT reach over the edge of the bed to cover up.

• 6 months later...

Penny - have you had any improvements to your bladder since you started this program? This is one of the reasons I wanted to try the W30. The first 2.5 weeks or so I was having to get up 3x a night; previously it was only once per night but about a million times during the day. I'm in my final week and have only had a few good days (bladder-wise). I don't know if it takes longer for the bladder to heal if there's something in the diet irritating it...or maybe there's some healthy food I'm still eating that it doesn't like.

Would love to hear an update from someone with a similar problem!

Jen

My mother has a problem with this. She went to the urologist and she suggested stopping caffeine and high acid foods like citrus for several weeks. Apparently, this helps your bladder shed some kind of lining that makes you want to pee a lot. It's worth talking about with your urologist or even GP.

• 11 months later...

Hello...Thought I'd bring this thread back up again. I'm at the end of week 2 in the Whole 30 program. I previously ate mostly paleo with a good helping of liquid hops in there (so not a huge food change, but pulling out the beer). My glucose labs were at the upper end of the normal range. I am not drinking any more or less water, but I am up 2 to 3 times at night...and I'm not talking a quick pit stop, it's like I hadn't gone all day....During the day, I'd say activities are fairly normal...

Any updates around this topic? Will this ease up?

Thanks in advance!

I am not drinking any more or less water, but I am up 2 to 3 times at night...and I'm not talking a quick pit stop, it's like I hadn't gone all day....During the day, I'd say activities are fairly normal...

It is normal to pee a lot during the first week or so. Your body is flushing out inflammation. yay! It doesn't usually last more than a week or two.

Archived