Congrats on 60 days and getting off the bp meds, Calee!  That is wonderful! 

I'm sorry the chili isn't working for you. 

90 and no air???  We get hot and humid, too, but we have air at home, air at work, air in the car.  Stay cool!!! 

I feel fluffy, too.  I know I need to do more toning exercises.  I think not doing my hot yoga is contributing.  It's just a matter of finding time for me.  I am too tired by the time the kids go to bed to do much.  And I have a hard time dragging myself out of bed early.  For the record, from the pictures you've posted, I think you look awesome!  As for food, I'm still working on trusting myself to be hungry and not die.  That is what I have to do if I'm going to lose my last 5 lbs.  I just haven't quite figured it out yet.  Good luck to us both!

And, yes, if fluff is our only problem, we're doing pretty great!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHA! Calee ... I'm actually laughing here at my table! You're funny, Lady! 

I'm turing 50 next month ... I have no issue with the whole aging thing, and I feel great but the {fluff}. It's an issue. SO, that being said, I feel ya, Sister!  I reread the book ... overconsumption is my next hurdle, I believe. I'm still trying to assimilate the large meal thing. I think maybe small meals until I get that whole thing right. 

Look at where you started. Improvement is certainly present. I know you KNOW that, but I had to throw it in! I think you have the idea ... tweak it to work for you. The Bosses say that it is YOUR experiment! They seem to know their stuff! Keep working the plan! 

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh ... have a good one and stay cool!   :D

Congrats on 60 days and getting off the bp meds, Calee!  That is wonderful! 

I'm sorry the chili isn't working for you. 

90 and no air???  We get hot and humid, too, but we have air at home, air at work, air in the car.  Stay cool!!! 

I feel fluffy, too.  I know I need to do more toning exercises.  I think not doing my hot yoga is contributing.  It's just a matter of finding time for me.  I am too tired by the time the kids go to bed to do much.  And I have a hard time dragging myself out of bed early.  For the record, from the pictures you've posted, I think you look awesome!  As for food, I'm still working on trusting myself to be hungry and not die.  That is what I have to do if I'm going to lose my last 5 lbs.  I just haven't quite figured it out yet.  Good luck to us both!

And, yes, if fluff is our only problem, we're doing pretty great!

You mom's all work so hard. Fitting in exercise on top of everything else must be really tough.

Fluffy, yes being willing to be hungry. Or is it being willing to eat more filling veggies and let go of other foods. I did better during month 1 with no nuts and little fruit. I know what I need to do, now its finding the motivation.

HAHAHAHA! Calee ... I'm actually laughing here at my table! You're funny, Lady! 

I'm turing 50 next month ... I have no issue with the whole aging thing, and I feel great but the {fluff}. It's an issue. SO, that being said, I feel ya, Sister!  I reread the book ... overconsumption is my next hurdle, I believe. I'm still trying to assimilate the large meal thing. I think maybe small meals until I get that whole thing right. 

Look at where you started. Improvement is certainly present. I know you KNOW that, but I had to throw it in! I think you have the idea ... tweak it to work for you. The Bosses say that it is YOUR experiment! They seem to know their stuff! Keep working the plan! 

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh ... have a good one and stay cool!   :D

Fluffers Unite! Another fluffy in the house. Yay! I'm not the only one! That said, I'm thrilled with my progress, thank you. Now I want to find my fluff remover. You too?

Fluffers Unite! Another fluffy in the house. Yay! I'm not the only one! That said, I'm thrilled with my progress, thank you. Now I want to find my fluff remover. You too?

All I'm doing here is exposing what a filthy filthy mind I have, but when I read "fluffers" I snorted and nearly spat my chicken broth all over my computer screen.  (I can't explain it here, try urban dictionary.  You won't be disappointed ;) ).

Having said that, I'm on the fluffy train as well.  I guess we'll all looking for our own personal magic formulas!

Again, I'm sitting at the table laughing ... you guys are hilarious! I did as you suggested, percypat ... I can see why you nearly covered your screen in broth! Holy moly ... I did NOT know about THAT! 

Hope you had a great day! Looking forward to what tomorrow brings ...  :)

All I'm doing here is exposing what a filthy filthy mind I have, but when I read "fluffers" I snorted and nearly spat my chicken broth all over my computer screen.  (I can't explain it here, try urban dictionary.  You won't be disappointed ;) ).

Having said that, I'm on the fluffy train as well.  I guess we'll all looking for our own personal magic formulas!

Well I'll be danged! I have never heard of a fluffer before. I don't think I've ever met one, but who even knew they were necessary!

Sophie, now please explain how you knew that young lady!

Again, I'm sitting at the table laughing ... you guys are hilarious! I did as you suggested, percypat ... I can see why you nearly covered your screen in broth! Holy moly ... I did NOT know about THAT! 

Hope you had a great day! Looking forward to what tomorrow brings ...  :)

Sophie is our resident guttersnipe. I didn't know either!! ;)

Are you doing ok?

Sophie is our resident guttersnipe. I didn't know either!! ;)

Are you doing ok?

Well, you both gave me a good chuckle today! I think I'm gonna hang out at your house more often! 

Yep, I'm doing well ... thanks for asking! I'm still puttering along. I'm wondering if I will ever want to do more off-roading than to eat too much fruit, or weigh myself more than once a month! Exercise is improving, and I feel good about that! 

Here's to a less fluffy day ... I'm sure it's on the way for all of us!  :D

Well I'll be danged! I have never heard of a fluffer before. I don't think I've ever met one, but who even knew they were necessary!

Sophie, now please explain how you knew that young lady!

I guess I have unsavoury friends!  Actually, when I think about it, it's probably from Family Guy.  I've certainly never met one!  

Well, you both gave me a good chuckle today! I think I'm gonna hang out at your house more often! 

Yep, I'm doing well ... thanks for asking! I'm still puttering along. I'm wondering if I will ever want to do more off-roading than to eat too much fruit, or weigh myself more than once a month! Exercise is improving, and I feel good about that! 

Here's to a less fluffy day ... I'm sure it's on the way for all of us!  :D

Your off roading is exactly like mine, scale and fruit. I'm glad you're doing well!

I guess I have unsavoury friends!  Actually, when I think about it, it's probably from Family Guy.  I've certainly never met one!

See! I knew I was missing something by not watching Family Guy! Oh the avenues of education are simply amazing these days.

Day 63: slept great, want more. The heat and lack of BP meds have sent me into a full swell. Not my tummy but my hands and ankles. Ugh. I was tempted to take 1/2 HTZ this morning to dump the fluids but I will hang in with more fluids today. Work was crazy yesterday and I failed to hydrate properly. Pilates tonight. Hot studio. That should sweat some of this out.

It cooled down last night so I roasted sweet potatoes and zuchinni so I have veggies for breakfast. I put turkey necks in the crotchpot last night and will leave them until after work tonight.

After saying I wanted off nuts, I decided to make it easier on myself by finishing the salted almonds. DUH! It was a handful, but it was the motivation. Don't eat nuts in July. Easy enough, except for that little baggy from the Farmers Market. It's amazing that the moment I get in a diet mentality place, I want to lunge for the food. think template. Template isn't diet Lee, it's simply a way to eat. Almonds probably added to swell. Done!

Keeping it simple today. Lots of hydration.

1. Sausage patty, roasted cauliflower.

2. Salad, EVOO, lamb patty, handful of cherries.

3. Turkey broth, turkey neck, roasted zucchini, cup of cherries. Last of season. At $5.99 a pound they're precious fruit.

Ooh, I meant to tell you, I roasted half a head of cauliflower.  Yum!

I've read of people drinking gatorade and the like for helping with swelling - so they get the fluid but also electrolytes.  I know you won't want that (I wouldn't either) but maybe a bit of unsweetened coconut water might help?  That's got electrolytes in it too.  And it's much nicer.  Not to everyone's taste though, and brands can vary a lot in flavour.  Hope you can ride it out :)

Reminds me I should make some chicken neck broth. 

Sorry about the swelling.  Coconut water is a good idea.  I've been thinking about what "Clean July" means to me.  I need to figure that out today so I can start (and stop doing things that are not clean!).  Crazy that it's July.  I'm so happy to finally have some heat, but I also have some swelling from it.  Probably some from the weekend off-roading, too. 

Heh, thank you Beets.  I didn't think it was that bad.

I looked at the body simulator too but I feel like it was kinder to my numbers than it should have been.  I have such a round belly (I've been congratulated on four separate occasions in my life on my non-existent pregnancy) and big boobs but it made me look a lot leaner than I am.  I guess my weight distribution is different :)

That body simlulator is not far off. Interesting.

The body simulator was pretty accurate for me, except it gave me beautiful tight skin, which I would love.

Sophie, did you change the breast size and body shape?

Day 64: slept great. Barre wore me out, sweat dripping down my face, of ourselves I slept well! I'm always so happy when sleep is good. Another hot day. Pilates class at 6 tonight. I've been working late on this project. Yesterday had to move Barre from 5 to 6. Tonight class at 6. I think I'll just take my exercise clothes in case it's another late day. Still swollen, not as bad. Thanks for the tips to get it down.

Yesterday was clean eating except I ate 2 tablespoons of coconut bits and got a tummy ache. Last night ate a cup of chili and was ok. The rest is in the freezer.

Clean July. I'm ready for a little more physical outer recovery. My inners are healing nicely!

Simple meals today, exercise, hydrate. Good recipe for success.

Archived