• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you carry emergency sardines (or jerky or whatever)?

Was the hair foam the culprit?

Don't think it was foam because used it again and I'm fine with eyes today. May be a big mystery but I will keep a mindful eye. No pun intended!

I will carry emergency jerky or some such when I go to nEurope next month. It's boyfriend J that's stranded in Frankfurt today. He eats everything so no problem there. Last report he was drinking beer in the hotel bar.

I'm glad you are feeling better and wow on that 8 hours of sleep!

That plane crash looked so horrible and scary. So sad. 

I would eat before the memorial service if you can this way no temptations if you get over hungry.

Have you scheduled an appointment with your doctor yet so you can talk about getting off of those meds the correct way?

No appointment yet. I promise to schedule. I've been on them over a decade so it's not a rush.

I feel so bad for those victims of the crash.

The memorial was beautiful and lasted for hours. I ate a good protein rich breakfast at 10. When lunch was served at 3, there was a big bowl of organic carnitas and a bowl of guacamole as well as spring mix. I ate those three things and some cut fruit. I sat with people eating a huge assortment of other yummy looking things. Was able to admire the shortbread and fresh fuit tarts. Someone encouraged me to try the gluten free cake. Truth was, nothing really looked that appealing to me.

It flt more like fall and I caught a chill. I'm sitting here coughing and chilled. I'm going to take. Homeopathic remedy and put on warm sweats. And hold a hot cup of tea, ARGGGG, summer in the bay area and last week was a heatwave!

Calee, just read through your log and found your posts so helpful and inspiring.  Someday (when I've healed more), I want to have your energy level and commitment to pilates.  I'm so impressed.  :)

Mary, I'm sitting here laughing because I was just finishing your log and thinking that you must be the strongest woman on this forum. KB, yogam tumbling, biking, hikes, chinups, pull ups amd everything in between. There's nothing that you don't do! I am in awe of your workouts, you do so much more than Pilates.

Day 70: Slept 10-5:30. Continues to get better! I still feel a bit like I'm getting a cough. Will take homeopathic remedy.

Still feeling enthusiastic about continuing with W Whatever. Rest day from the gym today. Hopefully final day of cleaning up mess project at work and can return to normal this week.

Another day in the 80's with no air at work. Will walk to work in the 50's this morning and home in the 80's. Such strange weather we have in the bay area.

Simple bites:

1. Sausage patty, sautéed cabbage.

2. Lamb patty, zucchini noodles, ghee, cup of cherries

3. Lamb chop, zucchini noodles, ghee. The noodles are just made with a peeler, sautéed in a teaspoon of ghee with pink salt. My new fav food. Who knew zucchini could taste so delicious?

Hoorah, so glad the sleep and puffiness are coming right!  We all knew there was no way those extra pounds were fat!  Hope you manage to kick that chill quickly!  This going from hot to cold and back again can't be too good for it, hey?

Zoodles are so delicious!  Bummed I seem to react to zucchini but glad I caught it before the reactions got to the explosive stage.  I will have to live vicariously through you :)

I seem to remember you saying you had good butter in your freezer ...  You need to get that out and make your own ghee with it.  Then your zoodles will be off the charts!  :P

I'm glad you are feeling better.  It will be interesting to hear what your dr says about getting off the bp meds.  Maybe you can try again when you're not in a heat wave and see if the swelling is less. 

I think we've permanently replaced pasta with zoodles.  Everyone (except 11yo) likes them better than pasta and they are not W30 or paleo or anything.  They just like them.

I hope you get a whole day off work soon!  It sounds like you need a break. 

Percypat, so sorry to hear you can't eat zucchini!  

I love zucchini!  It's part of my breakfast scramble about 4 days a week, I think.  But I haven't tried zoodles yet.

Calee, that bounce in temperature must be torture!

Dear Calee, ouch million times. You are not feeling the best but manage to spread your kindness and encouragement for all of us. Hope you will get the tiger blood back very soon. Clean eating should have boosted immune system, I really hope so. Lamb and courgette to fight the virus!  

And yeah, make your own gheeeeeeeeeee.  

Day 71: inching closer to 90! No regrets. Slept good.

I feel back to my old self. No work tody o starting with a 7am Pilates Pro class. I call this teacher the army teacher. Strict and relentless. Should be a fun challenge to see how much I've improved since taking her class on Day 1 at the studio.

Off to SF to the De Young museum with a girlfriend after I get cleaned up. Maybe a late afternoon movie. This is my July 4th holiday tht I didn't get so I want it to be fun.

Simpe bites today. My weight is finally back in the 143 range after the BP meds swelling. Now I can step away from the scale gain as I used it to measure water retention. I feel good so no need for it.

1. Sautéed cabbage, lamb patty

2. Something at museum cafe. Probably burger patty on a salad.

3. Zoodles, chicken wings, cup of cherries

[quote name="Terresa" post="120417" timestamp="1373303460"

Calee, that bounce in temperature must be torture!

We are used to the temp bounces. Last night I had the window open and the down blanket tight around my shoulders to keep warm. I didn't want to get out of bed to p this morning because it was so cold in here. 50 something, will be 81 later.

SF weather reminds me of my hometown of Duluth, MN.  I'm guessing it has to do with the water.  Duluth is on Lake Superior and we could see swings from the 90's to the 40's in one day.  Crazy!  But, because the hot never lasted too long, we didn't really need AC.  Just 2 hrs South, in the Twin Cities, we get long stretches of hot and need that AC.  I miss the lake breeze.  I also miss the sound of big waves and the fog horn.  Now I'm feeling nostalgic.  :) 

Sophie, I took butter out of the freezer to make ghee! I'm so sorry you can't have zucchini! I'm good with it so far.

Jen, I'm so happy to have a break today! That's great about your kids and zoodles.

Nadia, I'm feeling great again. I don't know what tht passing chill was. I suspect there may have been sugar or soy in the 1T of hot sauce I had at the memorial. Scary to think I would react to 1T of anything!

So glad you are better. Pardon my ignorance, is it fine arts museum or? Are you going for a specific expo or just to catch some inspiration wandering through the halls? Have fun! I wish i could join the party :D

We are used to the temp bounces. Last night I had the window open and the down blanket tight around my shoulders to keep warm. I didn't want to get out of bed to p this morning because it was so cold in here. 50 something, will be 81 later.

The joys of living on the west coast! I love this about our weather. Part of the reason I moved to Seattle is that most of the summer you can sleep with windows open and a comforter and still enjoy lovely days.

Sophie, I took butter out of the freezer to make ghee! I'm so sorry you can't have zucchini! I'm good with it so far.

Hurrah!  I thought the store bought stuff tasted like popcorn, but the homemade was sweet and reminded me of caramel.  AMAZING on sweet potato.  It will make your zoodles sing with happiness.

I love museums!  All kinds of them!  Dragged Allan around an agricultural museum and recreated village, in Manitoba, while we were there.  He enjoyed watching me be delighted with everything more than seeing the museum, he said afterward.   :lol:

Ghee is great, and I've been too lazy to go looking for it, since making my own is just easier for me.  Yes, that probably seems backwards.  I am less enthused about shopping than I am about museums.   :P

So glad you are better. Pardon my ignorance, is it fine arts museum or? Are you going for a specific expo or just to catch some inspiration wandering through the halls? Have fun! I wish i could join the party :D

Nadia, Golden Gate Park is wonderful so any excuse to go is great. De Young is our big museum. They have wonderful traveling exhibits. Right now it's the Diebenkorn Retrospective. Just beautiful. I was not so familiar with his charcoal nudes. Magnificent. It's always fun to have tea out in the sculpture garden. I wish you could join too!

Terressa, I too am more enthusiastic about outings than cooking!

Sophie, now I have to make ghee because the sweet potato that I tried with ghee last night was heavenly! It will definitely get me through the next 20 days!

My day was good. Ate well. Popcorn did not call my name at the movies. I think that's a first.

So good exercise, bites, museum, movie and lunch for tomorrow is packed. Very successful day!

Day 72: slept great! Slept through first alarm which is quite unusual. I have two alarms set on iphone, 5 min apart. I wear earplugs bso that i dont hear 4 am trash trucks below. Have a slight pressure in my head but itbwill clear on walk to work. It's cold outside, I think 57 so it will wake me up.

Energy is good. Looking forward to a productive day. Pilates at 6 tonight. Plenty of time to walk home after work, then walk back to the studio.

Nothing new or unusual with my bites. Same old meats, veggies, and a few cherries. I'm in love with zoodles. Maybe I'll make ghee tonight! :)

I bet that is a great exhibit. I worked in the art library in college (best job) and I definitely remember liking a book of his stuff. Lovely colors. I don't know his nudes either. But any art would be great art for me. I love a well-curated retrospective. Maybe that exhibit will travel here. 

Thanks for checking in on me. It really means a lot to me. 

Glad you are still powering through your days. Hope the ghee turned out well. I think I'd like to try my hand at making it myself as well. 

Day 73: Slept fantastic. I think I sleep better after Pilates class. Glad I have another a 4 tonight after work. Woke to the alarm. Was awake at 4 to go potty and went right back to sleep.

I wrote this in another lig this morning and wanted to copy here for further pondering. I was thinking about this. I've had a pattern of eating very healthy for decades. But when I dip into sugar/flour/high glycemic fruits, it just sets up an outrageous craving. I went from 1989 to 1997 without a bite of sugar. That was easy! Once I had that first bite in Florence Italy, because of course it was my first trip to Europe so off road eating was expected, that was it. Off to the races. I think that for me it's a reaction. I'm not gluttonous. I'm not a pig. But my body drives me with the wildest cravings at that point. It's not that I give in to hem o much as I'm always weighing my options. Eat it. Don't eat it. Sugar has a way of ruling my brain. Why do I want to give it all that free rent space in my brain, which could otherwise be engaged in creativity, joy, gratitude. Just my silly morning musings.

J made it home from Europe. Tomorrow night's date will give me more info on my feelings for him. Haven't seen him in 3 weeks. Hope I didn't fantasize of invent these warm feelings. Can't tell from a million text messages. We're going to an outdoor event at the art museum. Live music, dancing, food trucks and a nice 5k walk thrown in getting there and back.

I feel great in my body. I feel myself getting stronger with each class. Same difficult teacher on T and W. my abs are sore. Easier teacher tonight. Get to wear my new workout shirt. Small things make me happy.

I made an appointment to see my doc tomorrow. I think it's over 2 years since I saw here. Making a list to discuss. Dexa scan, thyroid med dosage, celiac, blood pressure meds, cholesterol which was in range in December. Other stuff as well. Made a list on my phone. I like my doc. She's not a med pusher and is very supportive of my new age aspects.

Have a fun day!

Ps. Beets, do look up his nudes. My favorite part of he exhibit.

Nadia. Good food, good mood, perfection! Haven't made the ghee yet. Maybe tonight.

You are amazing!  Day 73!!! 

I think I slept better after yoga class, too.  I should try harder to find a not so hot yoga class for the warmer months.  I miss it. 

That sounds like a great date!  Outside and starting/ending with a walk is perfect. 

Archived