Day 54: good morning, good sleep, good energy. What could be better? Sipping decaf sitting in bed. Japanese white sweet potatoes in the oven so that I'm set for the week. My hiking buddy is taking her first reformer class with me this morning. She's an exercise beast so I signed us up for a Pro class to challenge her. Then we're going to look for afternoon fun. I think I want to go bra shopping. I always buy too big. I need to get over that. Victoria Secret and Nordstom measure me as a 32 but I but 36 because I hate the band being tight, but then the girls aren't up where they should be. First world problems right? I think I'll graduate from 36D to 34D/DD which is where I should be. Truth is, I'd wer a sports bra everyday if it looked better. I'm a dork.

It's supposed to run this week. 30 years in Northern California and it's never rained. I guess that's my most interesting thought of the morning.

Off to make chicken salad and figure out what to cook for lunches this week.

Happy Sunday!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm a big big wimp! My gym classes are seriously exhausting me. I have been a walker. Last year walked/hiked 30-40 miles a week. No problem. I used to do QiGong, difficult but not cardio. I used to do circuit traing 4x a week, but that was 20 years ago. So this big ball of sweaty body, soaking wet hair, mess is new to me. When I do an evening class after work, I come home to eat, watch TV, , read and crash. No wonder I'm sleeping better. One of my instructors told me it will get better in three months. YAY, Oy vey. Took class at 10 with an athletic friend. She got wiped out too. YAY. Went to an afternoon movie, it was boring so I took a nap. Since we both went to sleep, we walked out.

I can't imagine how wiped out I'd be if I was eating flour and sugar. I think Whole gives me a fighting chance. I think I will up my sweet potato consumption to at least 1 on work out day. I'll see how that feels. I was very energetic before all this started. That said, chocolate and flour is not the answer so I just have to look to accepting that this level of exercise and muscle building is a challenge for me. Love the flat tummy. Just sayin.

It's 8 and I just spent an hour stretching to keep myself awake. I want to crawl in bed and read but I know I'll be asleep in 10 minutes. Afraid to go to sleep early because I might be awake at 3.

Saturday is Day 60. I will probably keep going as I've been adding in beef, egg yolks, ghee, few nuts and eyeing peppers and tomatoes. Staying Whole has me testing foods in a reasonable, slow way, which is a goal.

With the amount of activity you're doing, I think you are definitely earning those sweet potatoes.  How awesome to have such visual proof of your efforts!  When do you reckon you'll start trying nightshades?  

First, loved your post above about visualizing yourself being smaller, on a beach and in white linen. And now you have that body and the white linen. Love it!

I've been doing this mediation where you, similarly, imagine everything going well. It's very helpful for me, attitude wise, and I'm so glad to hear you've realized your imagined self. Wonderful.

What is TRX? Good for for walking out. I'd probably stay and not be able to move for two weeks. I care too much about what people think.

Thanks for your words about choices. I could e used your thoughts when I was trying to blame my husband for the bad birthday restaurant and ending a nice day with a silly argument.

$195 is indeed a lot but if you can swing it it sounds like you are getting so much out of this. Or can you pay for individual classes?

And yay for Day 60! You inspire me every day with your positive attitude.

With the amount of activity you're doing, I think you are definitely earning those sweet potatoes.  How awesome to have such visual proof of your efforts!  When do you reckon you'll start trying nightshades?

I need to start peppers and tomatoes soon, like this week! My W60 is over on Sunday. I may need to go 75 to be sure to test nightshades slowly to see what happens. I guess these are my last things to test other than oranges. I will wait on those till fall.

I know I will come off this for sure at 90 or 100 in prep for vacation at end of August, but for now I love the boundaries of no sugar, grains, dairy etc. that said, I may need to learn to impose my own boundaries. I will think on all of this.

First, loved your post above about visualizing yourself being smaller, on a beach and in white linen. And now you have that body and the white linen. Love it!

I've been doing this mediation where you, similarly, imagine everything going well. It's very helpful for me, attitude wise, and I'm so glad to hear you've realized your imagined self. Wonderful.

What is TRX? Good for for walking out. I'd probably stay and not be able to move for two weeks. I care too much about what people think.

Thanks for your words about choices. I could e used your thoughts when I was trying to blame my husband for the bad birthday restaurant and ending a nice day with a silly argument.

$195 is indeed a lot but if you can swing it it sounds like you are getting so much out of this. Or can you pay for individual classes?

And yay for Day 60! You inspire me every day with your positive attitude.

Thank you thank you thank you! I find it difficult to determine the line between healthy perseverance and obsession.

TRX is extreme workout using a pulley type system. Think ropes with handles fixed to the ceiling. Feet in handles, roll over, do pushups etc. I couldn't even gt my feet to stay in the handles, plus I'm visually dislexic so I couldn't understand what to do. Pilates and Barre are tough enough for me so I'll stick to that! :). Individual classes are $35.00. I can't see doing that so it's all or nothing. I think all for 4 months will help me with balance, muscle toning etc.

Thanks for the compliments!

Day 55: fell asleep at 9:30 and slept till 5. Brilliant! I actually woke up rested for a change.

Today is walking to work. Rest from the gym as I'm scheduled T,W,TH and Sat. That's plenty with a long walk scheduled for Friday night.

Have to hop in the shower and off to work. Breakfast and lunch are packed, dinner planned. Good compliant day!

I love your attitude and heart. So glad the sleep is coming! And, you are inspiring me to start walking again. I miss my walks! One step at a time, eh?

Christi, everything starts with one. One step, one bite. You can do this!

Day 56: Arg}#%*~%~%~%€%~%%£! I fell asleep at 10:0 and woke up at 11:30 so I read until after 1. Thankfully I have a later meeting so could keep until 6:30. I'm a bit grumpy because of pressure which I'm sure will clear. I did take 1/4 of an ambien at 1 because I knew I was wide awake. It's been several weeks since I had to resort to this. I got a decaf at 9am. I wonder if they gave me caffeine, but I wasn't jazzed during the day or anything. The only thing different yesterday was that my office partner brought in a huge bag of organic plums from her tree. I ate more fruit than usual. I wonder if that was part of it? There's a huge basket of plums in my office. I have to be smart about them.

I'm locked in a room with 5 others all day for brainstorming. My brain already feels a bit stormed. They will all be eating bagels and drinking caffeine. Not me. I got through the May meeting without indulging. I'm taking a salad so thtatI don't have to get food with the rest of them at lunchtime. I'm not blowing 56 days of clean eats with junk.

Barre class at 6 tonight. Early to bed!

1. Sausage patty, roasted cauliflower, kombucha

2. Salad w 1 egg yolk, 1 chicken thigh, 1/4 avocado, carrots, drizzle EVOO, a bit of shredded coconut.

3. Cauliflower, sweet potato, 2 pork ribs.

So sorry about the bad sleep!  I HATE when that happens.  I actually don't think I've had any middle of the night wide awakes since starting the W30.  Hmmmm.  Another benefit?  It didn't happen all the time, but enough that it was annoying.  I'm pretty sure it was hormone related.  I've had a few hardly any sleep nights, but they were all due to kids or storms.  Interesting.  I hope you have a great day despite being tired and grumpy!  Enjoy Barre.  I'd like to try that sometime.

So sorry about the bad sleep!  I HATE when that happens.  I actually don't think I've had any middle of the night wide awakes since starting the W30.  Hmmmm.  Another benefit?  It didn't happen all the time, but enough that it was annoying.  I'm pretty sure it was hormone related.  I've had a few hardly any sleep nights, but they were all due to kids or storms.  Interesting.  I hope you have a great day despite being tired and grumpy!  Enjoy Barre.  I'd like to try that sometime.

Jen, you just found another benefit of your Whole! I am so grateful for my improved sleep.

I think something internal was going on with me last night. I felt okay in the morning, then ate a salad for lunch. That led to throwing up all afternoon. I felt better enough to go to Barre class. YAY!

No dinner for me tonight. I need to let my tummy rest. I know I'll be hungry in the morning!

Sleep is the absolute bane of my existence. It's deranged. I am working on it. So I empathize with your struggles, and wish you 8 solid hours of deep sleep tonight  :).

I have to laugh because I can't remember h last time I got 8 hours of sleep!

Leaving my iPad out of the bedroom at night. I replaced my old kindle with a new Kindle Fire HD because it's backlit and I could set the book screen to sepia. I usually fall asleep several pages into whatever I'm reading. I didn't want to take the advice to do this but finally gave in and it's made a huge difference in my life!

Calee, you are such a freaking trooper.  Throwing up all afternoon and still heading off to Barre class?  That's like wonder woman status.  I get a tummy-ache and put myself to bed.  (In my defence, I rarely get stomach troubles so when they do hit, I handle them horribly).

Hope you wake up feeling much better!

Thank you Sophie. I'm just so excited to be working out like the big girls that I don't want to miss a class I keep looking in my arms in the mirror to see if I'm sprouting a muscle yet. :)

Day 57: slept 10:30-5:30 YAY. I needed it.

Victories yesterday. I didnt eat a bagel at the monthly meeting and I also didnt cave to a cup of caffeinated coffee. Why is it so hard to resist free food? Also took my lunch instead of needing to purchase less than optimal. Also, unlike the previous day when I overindulged, I had onlyb1 plum from my coworkers tree, not a handful. But here's my biggie. My tummy was upset. When it calmed down I ate a ripe peach instead of feeling entitled to an entire dinner. Breakfast will be so great after waiting until tummy calmed down.

Pilates tonight. Hope it's fun. It's an essential class with an instructor of a Pro class that I took on my first day. I like her but haven't been back to 6 am class.

Bites:

1. Really looking forward to this! Pork sausage, roasted cauliflower stirred with a touch of sweet potato. Yum!

2. Lamb patty, roasted zucchini, blueberries

3. Beef patty, either roasted veggies or a salad.

Happy Wednesday.

Before I forget, I want to note this in my journal.

I've been taking doc prescribed HTZ for high blood pressure for over 10 years. I only see my doc every few years because I'm healthy and we email when I have a question. I bought a cuff BP machine to check at home. It's been looking good.

June 4th stepped down to 1/2 pill

June 26. Going to no pill because last nite BP was 107/82.

I weighed myself this morning. 144. I expect I might gain a bit because I always have when I tried to come off these meds because they have a diuretic effect. I have to remember to not freak and that my body will find its new normal. I hope I can maintain good BP numbers, or else will email doc. I should probably watch my sodium intake this week.

Hope breakfast was everything you dreamed it would be!

And best of luck for coming off the blood pressure pills.  With all the healthiness you've been wrapping yourself in, I'm feeling quietly optimistic for you :)

Hope breakfast was everything you dreamed it would be!

And best of luck for coming off the blood pressure pills.  With all the healthiness you've been wrapping yourself in, I'm feeling quietly optimistic for you :)

Breakfast was even more delicious than anticipated! I love to eat. Big surprise eh?

BP is quite normal this afternoon! Yeehaw! I'm optimistic. Just don't want to gain weight but it would only be short term.

I got a lovely surprise this afternoon. The artisan bakery a few doors from my office makes a vegan soup everyday. It generally has beans so I can't eat it. They use organic ingredients so of course I want it. Would also love the hunk of bread of the day that they include.

Today was Coconut Milk Curry! Beautiful color. Filled with onions and cauliflower, carrots and red peppers. Lovely taste. It was such a treat to be able to buy a pint. No bread of course. Now I still have my lamb patty in the fridge for lunch tomorrow. I did however eat the blueberries. Outrageously sweet berries.

My new favorite is roasted cauliflower and a bit of sweet potato fried up in some chicken fat from baking thighs the other day. Makes me want to lick the bowl!

Food keeps tasting better and better to me. :)

I guess in retrospect, I'm testing red peppers today.

Food keeps tasting better and better to me. :)

I guess in retrospect, I'm testing red peppers today.

Isn't it great! Food tasting better! I've also found pre-W30 post-other 30 day paleo challenge that food like substances taste worse.

Let me know how the peppers go. Bell peppers I identified as a no go for my tummy years ago. Curious to know if healing gut would take that sensitivity away. I've never really loved them so it was no big but so many things contain them.

Archived