Started today and Failed, Starting again tomorrow

I did not plan appropriately to start the whole 30 today even though I had been planning to start June 1 for some time now. I've chosen not to be too hard on myself and just start again tomorrow. I went to the store to purchase some good meat, yummy veggies, healthy fat and a few fruits. I'm feeling confident but still a bit anxious if I can follow all the rules.

For me the biggest challenge is sugar cravings! I'm happy eating fresh, organic, free-range, yummy meats, veggies and fats. I eat very little processed food, grains and beans. But sugar is tough to not give into.

Goals:

Run at least 3xs per week

Eat 1 new veggie per week

Take it day by day

I agree with Sue and Elizabeth. This is the second attempt for me and I feel much more confident now. I had to realize this is a COMPLETELY different way of relating to food and it's not going to be easy. The first attempt was so eye opening for me but really challanging. This time around, day three, it's much better. Keep close to the forum, that's working for me. And best wishes on your Whole30 day today!

Hi, Sarah!

I had also originally planned to start June 1, but ended up starting June 2 as well.  I had family in town who stayed a day longer than I had thought, and the day just didn't work out as planned with two of three meals out at restaurants.  I figured it would just be easier to restart on Sunday than to try to make it work without drawing a bunch of questions from the family, so here I am.

So how are you doing today?  Did you experience any of the "day 2" hangover ickiness that the timeline predicts?  As for me, I feel a little groggy but I did go on a taxing (for me) 50 mile bike ride yesterday.  Can't decide what the culprit is!

Here's wishing you a great rest of day 2 and a successful day 3!

Lori

Archived