Dressing for canned tuna on a bed of lettuce

PaleoPlease

I make this all the time. I mix the tuna with homemade mayo and a splash of apple cider or white vinegar. I mix in grapes, blueberries, strawberries, or some other fruit, celery, and almond slivers. I'll top with a homemade balsamic (1 tbsp mayo + 1 tbsp balsamic + water to thin it out). Or sometimes I too with my favorite Tessemae's dressing. Delish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been on a kick where I'll mash up 1/2 avo, add some lime juice, salt, paprika, and chipotle pepper powder. Then I'll add some extra light olive oil to thin it out (& then some extra water to get it to the consistency I want), mix it with a can of tuna and a diced HB egg. That's my version of homemade tuna salad (& easy to make one serving at a time!), which I'll put on a spinach salad with orange grape tomatoes, diced bell pepper, broccoli, and sometimes either some cashews or pistachios and goji berries.  Mmmmm, delicious BAS. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if your eggs need to be pasterized to make mayo? That sounds delicious!

I've done it both ways. The pasturized eggs seem to make it thicker, but they may just be smaller eggs in my case.

My mayo recipe:

1 large egg

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp emeril's essence

2 tsp dijon mustard

1 1/4 c light tasting olive oil (not extra virgin)

1/2 tsp salt

Place the egg and lemon juice in a cup. allow to come to room temperature, 10 minutes. Add spices, oil, mustard and salt, blend with stick blender until emulsified.

used this method:

I've done it both ways. The pasturized eggs seem to make it thicker, but they may just be smaller eggs in my case.

My mayo recipe:

1 large egg

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp emeril's essence

2 tsp dijon mustard

1 1/4 c light tasting olive oil (not extra virgin)

1/2 tsp salt

Make sure the dijon mustard you use is compliant (i.e., without wine).  :)

• 2 years later...

I made a batch of homemade pesto earlier in my whole30 (using this recipe). It's kept well in a jar in the fridge for a few weeks now to add to various dishes. Yesterday I mixed about a spoonful of pesto with two spoonfuls of homemade mayo and mixed that with a can of tuna. I added chopped cucumber, avocado, and some sunflower seeds. It was delicious!

Archived