Derval's W30 #6

Derval

Kofta Kofta Kofta - it's now printed up and on our list of things to try.  We've been making something similar (ish) on a stick for a quick lunch with the kids, but nowhere near as delicious sounding.  I love mint.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well update now as dinner will not be pic worthy :)

After logging off last night I was peckish so had 2 slices of ham, some leftover salad veg & mayo.

Also had a mug of Numi Puerah chocolate tea which was fab, omg the aroma....

Day 4

7.30am - eggloaf & black coffee

11am - hazlenut bpc

Had physio at 12, she's pleased with my progress, she did some "manipulation" which wasn't too painful. Another appt Tues week, really pleased with the level of care, and am very grateful for the public health system here. We have no health insurance but the only money I've paid for everything is the standard hospital charge of €100.

1pm - last of the carnitas, same as yesterday

5.30pm - will have the bolegnase I made yesterday with mixed salad.

will do my workout after dinner as I didn't get a chance to this morning.

I have just discovered 2 compliant sausage makers where I live: one bison; and one chicken.  I have to tell you that I'm really tickled about this!  I'm betting thought, that you're nowhere near me, MM?

Hey there MM, physio went ok thanks.

Ham

Dunnes - simply better carved ham, or dunnes serrano ham

Tesco - German speciality black forest ham (blue pack)

Aldi/Lidl - prosciutto ham

Sausages

M&S chiploatas in green pack - but they are expensive - +€5 a pack.

or I have had luck with handmade ones at farmers markets, you need to make sure they are grain free, not just gluten free

Do double check all these yourself of course.

Another glorious day in Dublin, oh I am loving this good weather!

7.30am - guess what? :lol:

11am - black coffee

12.30pm - yummy salad al fresco. Baby gem, shaved carrot, cucumber, half a large avo & fried chorizo. Usual dressing.

e353d38ccf6e11e28b3722000a1f99d9_6.jpg

4pm - hazlenut bpc

5.30pm - lemon & mushroom chicken with spinach & baby gem wilted in the pan juices :wub:  and a v.small portion of ghee roasted sweet potatoes. I am trying to keep the starchy veg pretty low this w30.

2cf76554cf9111e2979622000a1fb04f_6.jpg

Have a great friday everyone.

Good to hear your physio and recovery going well Derval.

This fantastic weather is just  :wub: . Perfect for all those W30 salads! I'm not even looking ahead at the forecast-just enjoying every minute of glorious sunshine while we have it!

Sun Sun Sun, don't you love it Irish girls?

I've been out the back garden in my bikini top & short shorts since 11am :)  7.30pm now - Finally came in because I couldn't move my blanket any further down the garden for the sun!

8am - 2 boiled egg, 2 slices serranno ham, tsp mayo, black coffee. No veg, no good.

9am - JMBR workout 1. I have decided to do on 3 days off 1 rather than on 6 off1 that she suggests. I am confident I will still see results.

12.30pm - hot smoked salmon (Lidl) &  homemade coleslaw with apple.

ad0dd4ded05f11e2aa5e22000a1f96ec_6.jpg

Followed by cardamon coconut iced coffee yum yum...and a good book

8cfffba4d05f11e2b6e522000a1fd512_6.jpg

and for dinner. Bbq success!!

944107_10151587229768666_1452348988_n.jp

Steak burgers (blitzed round steak in food processor), avo & cuc green salad, more coleslaw

ea83580cd05f11e2945c22000ae90026_6.jpg

A good day :) I am tanned & full of vit d. Even survived the rest of the family digging in to cream cake for desert!

Lily is a little hippie with her hair and this dress. Adorable. Doing whole30 in summer and back in Jan should be really different, I am stoking up on salad greens too. Hurray for sunny weather in Ireland.

Cardamon iced coffee has sent my poor hypotolamus into havoc :D

Another glorious day of sunshine in Dublin-did you BBQ today Derval? We have ours lit and ready to cook on now shortly.

Starting my own W30 no 6 on Monday. Much easier in summer I think-perfect for salads and meat on the BBQ etc....yum!

As Summertime said, another glorious day of sunshine In Dublin. When this weather breaks I cannot say I did not make the most of it :) I have made hay while the sun shines for sure!

9am - same as yesterday

11am - JMBR workout 2

12.30pm - dumped a pack of king prawns on top of yesterday evenings left over salad, added a squeeze of lemon & bobs your uncle. Didn't even bother plating up! Eaten on picnic blanket outside with the kids. Followed by another cardamon coconut iced coffee

20130609_124525-1_zpsf140fa5b.jpg

6pm  :D BBQ :D

I did chicken skewers - the chicken was marinating all afternoon in a mix of oil, garlic, lime juice & franks hot sauce. It was succulent & very tasty. I grilled slices of zuchinni & romano pepper too (both on special in Aldi Irish readers). Served with green avo salad

1f6c3f04d12611e28aa822000a1fd52c_6.jpg      4007f262d12611e29bdc22000a9f3c8f_6.jpg

Derval, you're stunning and your food isn't bad looking either! Enjoy that sunshine. My neighbor returned last night after a week in Ireland. She said the weather was perfect!

Archived