Derval's W30 #6

Derval

Round 6 done! For me as a reader it went by in a blink of an eye! Congrats. 

I will tell you something that tape or scales can't - you look AMAZING on the pictures you've posted, so vital and feminine. 

I'll second this!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 6 done! For me as a reader it went by in a blink of an eye! Congrats. 

I will tell you something that tape or scales can't - you look AMAZING on the pictures you've posted, so vital and feminine. 

Thanks Nadia, I really needed this kindness this morning :wacko:

Hopped on the scales, and not even a pound down - 131.2 > 130.4

Body fat % stayed the same

On a postive note my hips are down 1 inch and waist half an inch, not amazing but at least something.

I am dissapointed that when I tried so hard & did everything "by the book" and cut out snacks & fruit for 90% of my W30 I didn't see bigger results....

Freylah - I am actually 4-5lbs over where I'd like to be & not in as good "shape" aesthetically than I was last Summer. But I appreciate your kind thoughts :)

Going to mall this morning with ds, and shall treat myself to Butlers coffee & 70% truffle :wub:

Don't get too disheartened with your lack of weightloss, those last few pounds are always the trickiest.

Your body could still be recovering from your car accident and all of that stress.

Do you feell better in other ways than you did 30 days ago?

Derval, try not to let the number on scale define the success or otherwise of your W30. You are obviously changing shape wise if your hips and waist are down in measurement. That's the key thing. If you are doing strength and resistance training the scales aren't going to show a big drop no matter what you are eating on a W30 as the lovely lean muscle is keeping the number up while the fat melts away-I know you know all this-I'm just trying to be the objective voice and remind you of it this morning!

I've been doing a new strength training programme for the last 6 weeks. I have lost hardly a jot on scales but every measurement has come down and all my clothes are loose. If I were to gauge my success by the number I'm seeing on the scales, I'd throw my hat at it.

Seriously, ditch the scales. 

I've been doing a new strength training programme for the last 6 weeks. I have lost hardly a jot on scales but every measurement has come down and all my clothes are loose. If I were to gauge my success by the number I'm seeing on the scales, I'd throw my hat at it.

Seriously, ditch the scales. 

You see if this was the case I wouldn't give a f, but it's not, my body is pretty much exactly the same as 30 days ago. I took pics and you can't see any diff :( And then I looked at ones from last August & I can see I am bigger now & not as "toned" , Blurgh, pissed off.

The only plus of this W30 is that my willpowere got a good workout, it would seem that I didn't get justly rewarded though.

You're finished already?  Well that seemed to flash by!

I totally get the being effed off at not being rewarded, that's how I felt at the end of mine.  Of course I realised that while I'd been compliant, I'd still been eating too much and snacking.  Yours was much better.  Bet you're glad you measured so you had those tangible results :)  

Congrats on your 30. I do get being compliant and wishing for a bit different results. I figure there's internal healing going on that can't be measured. You had some body trauma this 30 that had to be attended to, so perhaps it was an inside job?

Maybe Calee, thanks, I will think of my insides fixing themselves and being too busy to worry about the less important shell :)

Between this & other stuff going on today I am feeling quite weepy :(  I am going to boxfit class tonight and will punch all my negativity out of me!

Frustrating! Your figure looks perfect to me so maybe there is a point where the only way to crack smaller is to starve, which we all know to be wildly unhealthy.

Ha! and when I looked at your "before" pic I wished I had a figure like yours!

I will just keep working on getting healthier & stronger and then one morning I'll look in the mirror and POW! I'll be HOT by accident (ref. Jason Seib)

I am happy you got thru #6- and you look so great anyway. Really.

I do want to tell you- the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning was to come downstairs and check out how you did ! I came down, but the computer was still hooked up to the TV because the kids and hubby were watching The Avengers last night, streaming it from the internet. There were wires and cords and crap everywhere, all tangled up, as I saw it ! I am NO computer person- but that DID NOT stop me- I figured out how to undo all their stuff so I could sit calmly at the desk and read your post !

Sorry the results were not as encouraging as you'd like them-but you did hang in there, and believe me, are probably better off in many other,nonmeasurable ways.

I hope your day improves-and you can see the successes you HAVE had. If nothing else- you have inspired me to make pretty meals, and make me want to go to a thrift shop and find myself some cute clothes- regardless of the sizes !!!

Take care of yourself.

Ah Derval I'm sure you are very disappointed. When you work hard at something it's not unreasonable to feel fed up when you don't the result you hoped for. You probably saw my RANT meltdown on MM recently so I speak from experience lol .. Imagine telling our pre weightloss selves that we'd be whining over 3 or 4lbs :D

But you've done your body and immune system a big favour and that is now in the bank for the future you.

And you still look great!

Derval you had a super successful compliant 30 days of food that made many of us want to fly to Ireland and be your best friend!

You lost 1.5" (did you measure other areas or just your hip and waist?)! I would rather lose inches than pounds any day. 

And you are already hot by accident! You are just going to keep getting more accidently hot as your journey continues.

Rejoice in your success and keeping moving forward towards a healthier body!

Archived