Derval's W30 #6

Derval

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This string is cracking me up.  Derval-I can't believe you're on #6!  I just started my second attempt at #3.  There's not much I can say about my first attempt last month except that I just didn't feel like it.  I was having too much fun drinking wine on my pool deck.

My goal this time is not to be a self righteous bitch to my friends and family.  Wish me luck!

Best of luck gettin it all together.

I am on Day 3 of my # 3. My second went so well, I decided to take 3 days "off" (though I only ate a sliver of birthday cake on one of those days- was compliant otherwise) and start my 3rd on June 1st.

Feeling good !!!!

Lovely Derval! How goes it? Upped for No3 as I've been food and drink naughty lately. My real life food warning points have landed me in trouble! lol

Look forward to keeping in touch. Must sort the ipad with the food pics, because your pics always remind me to do so--it kept posting them sideways last time!  :blink:

Hello Bridget & Crazycow! Nice to see ye dropping in :)

Day 2

Going well so far :) Beautfiul sunny day here in Dublin.

7.30am - eggloaf & black coffee

da7288b0cd3611e286be22000a9f139c_6.jpg

Back to doing the school run (incl car pooler) today, was ok nerves wise driving

But after the drop off I went to the butcher to get the pork shoulder and it was only at the last minute I decided to get him to remove the  skin for me so took it back out of my bag, and when he was prepping it saw it was stuffed!! Needless to say I told him I couldn't take it, I was (small fib) gluten intolerant...and we had to find another piece of suitable meat. The whole transaction just left me tearful :wacko: so I guess my nerves are still on edge..

Anyways...got home and did workout 1 of JM's Body Revoltion. First exercise in almost 2 weeks! Went fine.

1pm - taco salad out the garden

2b4d63cccd3711e2a58122000a9d0ed5_6.jpg

Then kicked back int he sun & read my magazine, I snapped this ...

20130604_113340_zpsb9689505.jpg?t=137028

3.30pm - decaff bpc with ghee & hazlenut oil

5.30pm - Crispy Carnitas in lettuce cups with coleslaw (with raisins in)

5b2f50e6cd3711e2bd6022000aa80383_6.jpg

Oh yeah, did weigh-in, measurements, bikini pics this morning, starting weight is 131.2, a bit lower than I expected. Shoved scales way under bed, will be nice to have the floor space back :)

Derval, bummer about the pork fiasco but glad you discovered it before you left. I think your meltdown feelings will disappear. You make progress every day. 5 steps forward and half a step back is good progress.

Love the looks of carnitas in lettuce cups. It's going to be 84 here today. I think grilled big wild shrimp in lettuce wraps will be on the menu tonight.

Dinner will be light and refreshing. Just walked up to the store for the shrimp. I bought rapini to have with it. I love grilled and charred rapini and the bbq will be fired up for the shrimp already. I grabbed a pork shoulder for carnitas too. Going to crotchpot it tonight and finish it on the grill tomorrow. I cannot cook inside when it's hot. :) I could have sworn MS carnitas recipe included citrus. Fsiling memory?

Susan, I hope my "GET A LOG" has contributed to your decision. I love rapini but apparently most of people I know hate them. Weirdos. 

Derval, great quote. I wish it was always like this. Meat looks phenomenal. Again. Surprise surprise. Should taste especially good after your little victory at the butcher. Whole 30 no pain no gain. Your recover phenomenally fast even with this little incident. 

Dinner will be light and refreshing. Just walked up to the store for the shrimp. I bought rapini to have with it. I love grilled and charred rapini and the bbq will be fired up for the shrimp already. I grabbed a pork shoulder for carnitas too. Going to crotchpot it tonight and finish it on the grill tomorrow. I cannot cook inside when it's hot. :) I could have sworn MS carnitas recipe included citrus. Fsiling memory?

Pretty sure it has juice of a couple limes in it?

Call it Susan's Photo Roll ;) Oh thank God, I have zero prepared food and I would be VERY miserable to read about your every meal. ahhah

Like reading Derval's log is not enough of a torture. Carnitaaaas. Btw - I need that converting disk too. Where can I find one I wonder. 

Day 3

7.30am - egg loaf & black coffee

8.30am - JMBR workout 2

Then I got out the bbq that has been sitting in it's packaging for 2+ years in our shed & assembled it, yay me!

941388_10151581913608666_1840896035_n.jp

Followed by mopping, shopping, lounging etc,,

11.30am - another coffee, then prepped a boleganse as the beef had to be used today, hopefully now it's cooked it'll be ok till Friday.

12.30pm - delicous leftovers from last night - carnitas & coleslaw in lettuce cups

3.30pm - hazlenut BPC

5.45? - bbq fail :( Couldn't get the bugger to light....so did the kofta in the oven. darn tasty. The recipe says oven anyway so I may have screwed up the cooking if I had used the bbq. Served with a fridge salad - leaves, spring onion, red pepper, avo, cold sweet potato (leftover from last night), cucumber, cherry tomato. Dollop of mayo.

35e5832ace0211e289de22000a9f1406_6.jpg

Did well on the water today, met my 1.5l target anyway.

Made the kids ice lollies - coconut milk, can of pineapple, 2 sm bananas. Lily asked why I wasn't having one "you're allowed all the ingredients mamma" ,,,,how do I explain swypo to a 6year old?! :lol:

The idea of explaining SWYPO to a child....too funny!  

Only it's not just funny, because at least in my house it's become painfully clear that I need to watch out for "fat talk" -- I don't want the kids thinking of me as being "on a diet" or thinking that I think I am fat, or thinking that they are fat or need to worry about it.  So having to explain why I can eat one form of a thing but not another because I might then eat too much of it and not feel full etc etc.... Oh, boy.

Archived