Derval's W30 #6

Derval

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8 and my inner dialogue went something like this this morning...

<checking out naked self in mirror> Oooh 1 week in...I think I look slimmer...I wonder how much weight I've lost....Let's see I want to lose 6lbs overall...so if I've lost 1.5lbs I'd be on track....maybe I'll get out the scales....It can be my secret...don't need to tell anyone....NO! STOP! What if it's a bad number, you'll be so pissed off that you did a perfect week with no fruit or snacks...and you know you wouldn't be happy even if it was 1.5lbs down....

So I placated myself with trying on my skinny white jeans (size 10, U.S size 6) that didn't fit me last week when I tried them on. They still don't close but maybe a bit closer....still it's just that "I want to be smaller" thoughts that I can't get away from. Bah.

The weather has broken slightly and there is a cool breeze, so no lying-out today..maybe I'll actually do some housework! :wacko:

ETA - WHAT??? I just opened up my saved whole30 emails and see a pic of a scales for today - M&D are mind-reading freaks, poor Atticus won't get away with anything! :lol:

I have been haunted all week by the scale, I finally told my hubinator to hide it until July 1st.  I kept wanting to get on it, knowing no one would know :unsure: So I have turned to trying on clothes as well but quickly realized I am too bloaty for anything to fit better.  I am resolving to put weight out of my head until at least the middle of next week (week 3).  Done.  But it's quite hard not to think about....and my mind does tend to wander....

food log for today, day 8

7.30am - egg loaf & black coffee

8.30am - JMBR Cardio 1

12.30pm - bacon, fried avo, spinach, black coffee

5661a208d1c411e2ac8a22000a9e2947_6.jpg

4pm - half tin anchovies dipped in mayo :ph34r: hazlenut bpc

5.30pm - spiced duck breast (check out Aldi Irish girls) which was fab, and egg fried "rice".

cfe9fbcad1ec11e2bfea22000a1fbe0b_6.jpg

And have been drinking my first bottle of home brewed kombucha all day :)

Jesus can you believe the weather we had!  Can't remember it being that nice for that long for years/ever?  Hope it returns.

Your meals and you look great.  Felt slightly thinner today myself - I don't have any scales in my house but I'd be on an off it non stop if I did. Slipped up at the weekend with some feta and ate too many strawberries.  

How is JM BR going? I have 30 day shred and ripped in 30.  Getting a bit of energy back so think I'm going to start R in 30 tomorrow.  

Good luck w/ rest of the week. 

Love all the pictures! Lovely lady and lovely food! Good job resisting that scale! We here in Western WA are getting a lot of unseasonal sun as well and I understand how you feel with the rain coming back. I'm hoping we get at least another week of this loveliness over here.

Day 9

Having a ghastly day :(

• The Irish Summer is over and it's back to wet washing on the line ....
  • Visited a physical therapist for some soft tissue treatment which hurt like hell
  • Legal company I had contacted re possible case rang & gave me the hard sell, following our decision not to pursue a personal injury claim
  • Had huge screaming fight with kids on drive home from school
  • Ds's teacher rang & wants to meet me re. his recent maths test (I'm guessing he bombed  :( ) He's bloody good at maths and the same thing happened last year :wacko: These are nationwide standardised tests and are on his school record, and will be checked when we're applying to secondary (high) schools. Argggh.

So I'd flipping love to crack open a bottle of merlot & a bar of lindt & crawl in to bed with them both!!!!

But I can't!!!

7.30am - leftover fried "rice" with fried egg on top. black coffee

12.30pm - fried portobello mushroom, bacon, and egg

95c8aeb6d2b711e2bc6c22000a9f38d4_6.jpg

4pm - hazlenut bpc

5.30 - Pork, fennel & apple meatballs, ghee fried cabbage, sweet potato

566f39c4d2b711e2839b22000aa801fc_6.jpg

Here's to a better day tomorrow & a relaxing evening ahead!

Hang in there ! (the wine & chocolate sound great-but you can do this !!!)

Meals look great

Standardized tests are a joke- and have unfortunately, become so "important" the local schools spend the entire year getting the kids ready for them.  Geeeezzzzz...So much for actually learning :wacko: (just confirms in me my choice to homeschool for all these years !!)

I'm so sorry the rain came back. I'm in northern california and its been so cold at night. Weather is nuts everywhere.

How was your teacher conference?

Oh golly, you said wine and chocolate and I was ready to follow you! We're not gonna do it!

Some kids aren't cut out for the stress of tests, it's a shame because its the official record but doesn't reflect their intelligence sigh...

So wanted the free wine offered on the plane last night after a day full of delays... Plane late due to fog, taxi queue 30 mins due to planes being late, flight home cancelled, replacement flight late and so on.... But I had soda water instead, another sigh

I want custard too!

Great new dress. You know I'm all about the gifts. After all, we're saving all that money on wine and dark chocolate! I figure after 60 or 100 days I'll need something really great! :). I forgot about the new kindle ire I got during 30. But that was necessity not really gift.

More gifts everyone. Percypat's husband even came home with a gift for her.

Sexy! Still having the Spanish vibe, eh? I love that it's fitted at waist and has a V-decollete. Great choice. 

I also love chevron one. I am yet to find a maxi dress that will not make me look like a dwarf without a waist. Alright, mission for a lunch hour is set. 

Archived