Derval's W30 #6

Derval

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the sitting down part of housecleaning. Living alone does make it easier. Give me an hours notice and guests think I keep a clean house all the time. It's amazing how fast I can move when I have to. Really prefer not to.

Love the pic in your bedroom.

Lily is inspiring me to get out the IB and try my first mayo!

Aw thanks ladies :)

Susan the recipe was - a can of pineapple in juice, can of coconut milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract - blend & freeze.

Had such a lovely time at the bbq, not long home (9pm here)

Day 13

9am - 2 boiled eggs, prisciutto, tsp mayo, black coffee

10am - JMBR Cardio1

1.30pm - repeat of last nights dinner

5pm - BBQ - Wow what a lovely spread & my friend was so thoughtful & considerate, any non complaint salads she made a seperate compliant version just for me, I was really touched.

So I had steak off the bbq and lots of delicous salads...twice!

2a05518ad5ef11e2b01422000aaa05b1_6.jpg

I brought a bottle of kombucha & people seemed to enjoy their first experience of it.

Was a bit weird to be not drinking as lots were, but unfazed by the chocolate biscuit cake or ice-cream.

Day 14

Nearly at half way point!

9am - same as yesterday

11.30 am - new nespresso vanilla flavour blk coffee

12.30pm - waldorf salad

f06949c6d6a811e2b79822000aaa032e_6.jpg

followed by another new Nespresso - chocolate flavour!

6pm - really tired after a busy day at school fundrasing event (and a flat tyre :( ) so didn't make MissMarys lovely Gather sides, just bought a pack of stir fry veg & mixed through sunshine sauce (made with almond butter).Spiced duck breast on top. Kids & dh got egg noodles.

0feaaa24d6a911e2a34522000ae80008_6.jpg

Ooh, I missed the dress pic!  Looks great ...  I really need to keep this maxis-in-petite-sizing in mind when summer rolls around over here. 

Duck dinner looks divine.  I see duck at the supermarket every week and the price of sends me scuttling back to the chicken each time.  I miss France.  :(

Percypat, are there duck breasts available? They are a bit cheaper and more economical because there is no waste

Day 15

37066744.jpg

7.15am - same as yesterday

8.20am - JMBR Workout 1

12pm - had friend over for lunch, made us a giant salad with ruby grapefruit, avo, marinated prawns. She liked it :)
followed by chocolate coffee with coconut milk

btw that is a huge serving bowl, I didn't have teeny prawns.

d7b571e0d75f11e29c6622000a1f9e4a_6.jpg

4pm - a few kalamata olives

5.30pm - salad, sweet potato fries, pork burgers, mushrooms & onions (fried in duck fat I drained from last nights dinner)

68b1f988d76b11e2a9a222000aa81a0e_6.jpg

Hey, Derval -- I just wnet back to my original W30 log from last fall, and re-read some of your comments.  And I just wanted to say thank you, again -- You are a great resource for the W30 community!  I hope you get as much out of it as we get from you!  Sending you my patented long-distance totally-non-creepy virtual thank-you hugs.  ;)

Day 16

And hurray the sun came out! Plan was to go home after dropping kids & work out then go to physio appt. Today was the school community walk and I wasn't going to go but driving home I said "Feck this, it's a beautiful day, take this opportunity!" And I'm glad I did. The whole student body plus teachers plus some other parents walked the half mile to the beautiful St Enda's Park where the kids played & picniced.

I left for the hospital from there & had my physio appt - she said my range of motion was back to c.80% and she was signing me off - huzzah!

7.15am - same as yesterday

10.30am - black coffee from cafe

1pm - leftovers of last nights dinner.

5.45pm - BBQ time! Ribe-eye steaks, grilled veg, and not quite greek salad (no feta)

1005402_10151605180183666_609551473_n.jp

bbb8b356d83811e28d7d22000a1f981a_6.jpg  e993232ed83811e2a9ff22000aaa0374_6.jpg

I am going to go crazy & have some "desert" later, berries & coconut milk.

Last supper sounds very tragic ahah.

Hooray for improved mobility, sunshine, walking and having good times. I am telling you, you should consider food photo business, you know, when you sell pictures for the photobanks?

Day 17

And the sun has put his hat on again! People from a more normal climate might not understand but good weather is something to be celebrated here!

7.15am - as yesterday (really need to eat some veg at breakfast!)

8.30am - JMBR workout 2, then after 30 min break, Cardio 1  :o  Wanted to make up day lost yesterday. I think I will try follow her schedule from now on & finish Phase 1 at same time as my W30.

11am - nespresso choc coffee with coconut milk :wub:

12.30pm - leftover salad & veg from last night with a tin of sardines. Followed y same "dessert" I had last night - strawberries, blueberries, coconut milk & walnuts - yep breaking all my rules in one go. Won't be buying any more now.

5c15ad2cd90611e2984f22000a1fb895_6.jpg

4pm - hazlenut bpc

6pm - BBQ - Lamb kofta, grilled veg, grilled sweet potato slices, not quite greek salad.

b236e428d90111e2a31722000a9f04dc_6.jpg

Archived