Day 1 For My Fiancée and I

Cleaned out the fridge and went grocery shopping yesterday. Sous-vided up a ribeye for lunch last night. Fiancée made a giant veggie frittata for breakfast, and is cooking up a bunch of ground beef today to make easy quick meals the rest of the week.

Kind of sad Athletic Greens have stevia in them, because I am coming down with a cough and they always seem to help. Going to have to make bone broth instead!

Quick question: it recommends no snacking, but Primal Pacs are Whole30 approved... As what then? Part of a meal? Or is the no snacking rule a bit more flexible than I am interpreting it?

Hi, Welcome to the W30. Snacks are discouraged in that you should be able to eat enough at a meal using the meal planning template to keep you going between meals http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf%C2'>

Primal packs (I've never tried them 'cos customs won't let them in :() are, I gather, ideal in an emergency. I know several people who like to carry them as they're portable and ideal if you get stuck somewhere and miss a meal or can't find compliant food. A Primal Pack is a lot  better than breaking your W30 or just having a piece of fruit etc. Yep bone broth is great. I'd never had it pre W30 now I've nearly always got some on the go. Good luck

Thanks, Kirsteen!

Normally, I'm on the road a bit for work, but we chose this 30-day span specifically because both of us would be staying in town for the duration, so I guess I won't really need them like I would if I was traveling.

I just bookmarked Nom Nom Paleo's Slow Cooker Bone Broth recipe - I've got a big bag of marrow bones in the freezer, and may have to make it tonight. Thanks for the encouragement!

Hi Mathew just realised theres a bit missing from my previous post. I must have accidentally deleted it before i posted - duh! I went on to say that although snacking's not encouraged, it can take a few tries to work out exactly how much you need at each meal. So it's better to have a snack than be ravenously hungry. a snack should ideally be a mini-meal some protein, fat and veg. good luck and enjoy the bone broth

Archived