Whole 30 Whole 3rd Time

CrazyCow

3rd time lucky--if it's anything like the first two Whole 30s! First one was BRILL, second one was FAB, but my doing that one was really as support crew. This third W30 is back to me, and comes when it is much needed.

Over the past month or so I have noticed a whole host of interesting eats and habits (some I've never even had before...eating cereal in the evening? Never even LIKED cereal!! Have been paleo or at the least primal for years...What is going on?!!). So the feeling of 'meh' are banished and I'm back on the Whole30 Wagon again; with great pleasure, I might add--as I know what good comes out of this at the end. In the meantime, time to get organized, and time to get moving.

Blue is FOOD, Pink (that's right, not green) means GO (activity)

DAY ONE!!!!

M1: fruit salad with coconut milk and a handful of chopped cashews and almonds. Bulletproof coffee (one thing that has stuck around since the first W30--awesomeness in a cup).

Now, I know there was no protein there. I only jumped on the wagon AFTER that meal today, when I thought, "what am I waiting for?" So I started. So sadly, not enough protein with that first meal.

Late this morning I also had some coffee...BLACK. Found myself drinking it without missing the cream I'd reverted back to at work...AND I kept adding hot water through the day until really it was all I was drinking. Huzzah.

M2: Chocolate Chili (aw yeah), avocado, tomatoes, baby carrots. This was about 12.30/1, and by 2.30 I also had a handful of almonds. I knew this would happen, as I'd started the day with a protein deficit. Hunger would prevail.

Got home around 4 and had the other half of the avocado with a boiled egg. That righted things out a bit. 

M3: Roasted pork loin (on the BBQ), green beens with ghee, and mashed cauliflower with chives. 

Drank a boatload of water today, too--which I had tailed off doing these past few months, as I reverted back to coffee with cream through the day. Don't do it! 

Now, it's 9.40, and I've wandered about a bit...trying to think of something to 'have'...AKA EAT. Why? Because I recently learned that bad habit...not good. So, had another cup of hot water (which I have always liked, so this is not as bleak as it sounds), and will go to BED soon. As for activities today...well, we will shoot for tomorrow!  :ph34r:

As we go along today, DAY TWO:

M1: two eggs, spinach and a bullet proof. V tasty.

On the way to the airport today we stopped at a brilliant little French patisserie...where I had...wait for it...BLACK COFFEE. I got up to the till with my mum who was visiting, and was aware that actually, no, I was FINE. So there.

M2: shredded pork soup with mashed cauli, homemade dried mushrooms, spinach and hot peppers. Fruit salad with a tablespoon or so of coconut butter. Bliss.

...late in the afternoon I had a handfull of baby carrots and half an avocado. 

8516593045_dfe52fec1e_z.jpg

M3: So, it was a pork kind of day. MORE pork leftovers tonight, made into a carnita like type of dish. Tasty--I added a bit of leftover pineapple I had, and I used a pear balsamic vinegar. The pic above is a link to the original recipe I used from freckled foodie, with the changes I just mentioned.

Finally, had an apple and heaping tablespoon of homemade almond butter. And some tea with sour coconut milk--so that did not get finished...! yick...

Have a great W30 CrazyCow!     

Thanks Derval!

DAY THREE:

M1: 2 eggs and an apple and bulletproof coffee.

M2: chicken, sun dried tomatoes and hot peppers on a big salad of yummy green stuff. water.

M3: mashed sweet potatoes, and a coronation chicken broccoli slaw of sorts. fizzy water.

I am fighting the urge to have something extra, just for the sake of extra. That, I think, is the demon I'm fighting here. Interesting how bad habits can just emerge, isn't it? 

I just ate dried apricots.  Why?!  I'm not hungry!  That draw of something extra is a hard one to combat.  I keep vowing to boil some eggs to have on hand so that I can have a mini meal instead of a walk-by grab at something.  Perhaps today.  Those bad habits are insidious! :)

I just ate dried apricots.  Why?!  I'm not hungry!  That draw of something extra is a hard one to combat.  I keep vowing to boil some eggs to have on hand so that I can have a mini meal instead of a walk-by grab at something.  Perhaps today.  Those bad habits are insidious!  :)

Hi EandK Family, you are so right! The thing that has me foxed is that the bad habits just sort of came out of nowhere--like the cereal thing! ...Dried apricots are at least a good food group  ;)

I am trying to have a glass of water before I decide if I am hungry. With the 'sensors' for hungry and thirsty so close in the brain, chances are that I am often probably a bit dry, and not hungry--but the eats have become one of those bad habits! 

DAY FOUR:

M1: a kedgeree of whole 30 proportions. It was great. So great, in fact, I forgot to take a photo. oops.

M2: leftover pork carnitas with half an avocado

M3: on the go, so...some parma, hot peppers, broccoli (raw) and mayo, and a handful of almonds, cashews and sultanas. fizzy h20. 

Had another handful of the same, after running three miles at the gym, watching food network. Bit of a sadist, me. 

TONS of water...YEAH!

Day 5 was a washout as far as posting--well as far as anything (bar clean eating of course)--should have built the ark!

Anyway, here we go:

M1: Paleo porridge because it was so. ruddy. cold and wet.

M2: salad with parma and balsamic and a nectarine. and water. (not great, but it was horrid outside, which made me feel a bit blah)

M3: burgers with mushrooms, onions, avocado, lettuce and sweet potatoes with homemade mayo. YUM. fizzy water and a handfull of roasted cashews, almonds and sultanas. I didn't need them. I shouldn't have had them. But I did, so I'm putting it out there. At least it wasn't an hour after dinner where I was looking for something to have--it was at the dinner table. Right then. So the craving is caving...!

No activity to speak of, shame on me, I will improve. I will. I promise.

Sunshine! Huzzah! 

M1: eggs, a bit of shredded pork, spinach, onion. bulletproof. 

M2: a bit of a mishmash as I've been working all morning at the computer ( :blink: ), so hot peppers wrapped with parma, spinach and some bolognese sauce of sorts. 

My friend gave me the Food Network magazine for my birthday.  I can only look at it when I'm already stuffed or it is sure to plant some good cravings.  I can't believe you watched the actual show!

Your water drinking idea sounds like a good one and probably one I should try too.  I've been noticing that I drink most of my water in the early evening which presents a bit of a problem for a good night's sleep.  I'm off to fill a large glass of water.

Good eating to you today!

Hi CrazyCow, I'm on my third too. Hoping to stop in between meal eating and addiction to coffee and cocoa, as well as back off the nuts and fruit. Wishing you lots of success!

Thanks Juzbo, you too! My in between meal eating came when I stopped really ensuring I was eating properly (if not W30, then strictly paleo). Like a house of cards, it was! I keep fruit in my days as part of meals, typically nuts make an appearance in one form or another every day, too. I'm okay with that, for the moment.

Now coffee and cocoa additions...I hear you! Killed that addiction when I started with the bulletproofs. When I stopped, back came the coffee--in ALL its confectioned permutations. I know better now (and then, too, really). I made poor choices.  :unsure:

Best of luck to you--stay in touch! 

My friend gave me the Food Network magazine for my birthday.  I can only look at it when I'm already stuffed or it is sure to plant some good cravings.  I can't believe you watched the actual show!

Your water drinking idea sounds like a good one and probably one I should try too.  I've been noticing that I drink most of my water in the early evening which presents a bit of a problem for a good night's sleep.  I'm off to fill a large glass of water.

Good eating to you today!

Water drinking has been upped significantly doing this, and right in time for the heat of summer (ish). As for Food Network, I can tell you this gem of a thing: watch Drive-Ins, Diners, and Dives! Seriously: typically there is at least ONE of the featured places that they have that if not Whole 30 compliant, can easily be made so. I've got tons of super ideas for meals from that show, found the recipe from the show online--or winged it--and it has worked! Mole was a great one. Wow, I'm getting hungry. Good luck to you, keep in touch!  

Archived