4-6 eggs a day. Ok?

I am on day 17 of my first Whole30.  For breakfast I am typically eating between 4 and 6 whole eggs every day.  They are organic, cage free eggs from costco.  If I cook a W30 compliant chicken or beef sausage for breakfast, then I'll have 4 eggs. If I do not have a sausage with breakfast then I will cook 6 eggs along with the typical addition of some veggies and avocado.  (will sometimes add 2-3 slices of compliant sugar free bacon)  I cook the eggs in coconut oil.  

Are 28-35 whole eggs a week going to end up killing me?

PS - I am 6'3" and just over 200 lbs and work out 4-5 days a week - just to put the amount of food into perspective with who I am.

I eat 3 eggs for breakfast most days myself, and usually a few more through the day in salad or a pre wo meal. Just make sure you are getting plenty of veg at all your meals! For me, I shoot for at least 2 cups at each meal, usually more!

The eggs and cholesterol thing has been well debunked. I am 5'6" and probably weigh 128-130 and I eat 2-6 eggs a day depending on my homemade sausage supply. :) I sometimes buy pastured eggs depending on the homemade mayo supply, but if not, I buy the 24 pack at Costco.

Thanks all, I guess I'm still trying to forget what I learned about eggs and cholesterol.  

I will always have some veggies with the eggs, I'll usually mix in some chopped peppers and onions and also sautee some spinach on the side.

Top it with sea salt and pepper...and sometimes some white truffle oil... :) 

I think I read somewhere on the forum or 9 blog that you should eat as many eggs as you can hold in one hand. I do 3 on a daily basis, and I'm a petite (5'0") girl. 4-6 seems perfectly reasonable for a tall, active dude.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The egg rule is per meal not per day. Just to be clear. :)

I started out with three eggs but recently added a fourth (I'm 5'8", 130-135, very active). For the last couple of weeks I've been throwing them in the magic bullet with green onions and leafy greens before scrambling. They cook up nice and fluffy, shockingly green but I think it's kind of cool. It's been a great way to pack veggies into my breakfast.

I think I read somewhere on the forum or 9 blog that you should eat as many eggs as you can hold in one hand. I do 3 on a daily basis, and I'm a petite (5'0") girl. 4-6 seems perfectly reasonable for a tall, active dude.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The egg rule is per meal not per day. Just to be clear. :)

Ahh, awesome, was starting to get worried here.  I'm petite also and I definitely eat more than 3 per day since I use them as pre-workout and with breakfast and usually lunch as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Two years ago I had high cholesterol, and my doctor handed my leaflets about a low-cholesterol diet (elminating eggs and butter - say it's not so!), and maybe needing to look into medication, blah blah. I promptly started exercising, and at least TRIPLING my whole egg consumption, as well as saturated fats. And bammo within six months my cholesterol was well within the healthy range, and my triglycerides had dropped by more than a third. "Keep it up with the low-cholesterol diet," she told me.  :blink:

I'm 5'4"/145 lbs and regularly eat 3 eggs at breakfast, plus up to 3-4 more if I have them as part of lunch or pre- workout meals or dinner. Every day.

Two years ago I had high cholesterol, and my doctor handed my leaflets about a low-cholesterol diet (elminating eggs and butter - say it's not so!), and maybe needing to look into medication, blah blah. I promptly started exercising, and at least TRIPLING my whole egg consumption, as well as saturated fats. And bammo within six months my cholesterol was well within the healthy range, and my triglycerides had dropped by more than a third. "Keep it up with the low-cholesterol diet," she told me. :blink:

I'm 5'4"/145 lbs and regularly eat 3 eggs at breakfast, plus up to 3-4 more if I have them as part of lunch or pre- workout meals or dinner. Every day.

So awesome. I just copied this to my W30 journal. :wub:

Two years ago I had high cholesterol, and my doctor handed my leaflets about a low-cholesterol diet (elminating eggs and butter - say it's not so!), and maybe needing to look into medication, blah blah. I promptly started exercising, and at least TRIPLING my whole egg consumption, as well as saturated fats. And bammo within six months my cholesterol was well within the healthy range, and my triglycerides had dropped by more than a third. "Keep it up with the low-cholesterol diet," she told me.  :blink:

This is so awesome! I hope you set her straight!

Archived