Can I have

JustAMom

Cellophane/glass noodles made from mung bean starch?

Dh in an effort to be very supportive brought some home for me. I told him I didn't think they were allowed, but I'd ask. I didn't look further than the word "bean", but dh pointed out I can have snap peas and green beans.

I really hope you say yes. I haven't had anything pasta or rice related since March. I'm dreaming of a shrimp and noodle type dish... :)

I am pretty sure they are out. Program description indicates why some of legumes are ok.

Quote: "Certain legumes. We're fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While they're technically a legume, these are far more “pod†than “beanâ€, and green plant matter is generally good for you. (Refer to your Success Guide FAQ for details.)"

Why don't you try zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or riced cauliflower?

Bc it's a big pita to make them. ;p

I am pretty sure they are out. Program description indicates why some of legumes are ok.

Quote: "Certain legumes. We're fine with green beans, sugar snap peas and snow peas. While they're technically a legume, these are far more “pod†than “beanâ€, and green plant matter is generally good for you. (Refer to your Success Guide FAQ for details.)"

Why don't you try zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or riced cauliflower?

Ok, this makes me wonder what is an easy thing to prepare in your book. I mean what's easier than dump the whole squash to the oven if you miss texture. Riced cauliflower keeps well in the fridge too. I rice the whole head once a week and use it as needed.

Bc it's a big pita to make them. ;p

Haha, I can't imagine slicing enough zucchini noodles for a family of 12! My hand would get so crampy.

I usually rock shrimp curry on a bed of spinach. But this probably isn't the texture you're looking for. It is delicious, though!

Spaghetti squash is super easy. Slice in half, scoop out seeds, turn upside in the over, cook for 30 minutes and then use a fork to scoop it out. My 3 year old daughter prefers it to regular noodles.

Spaghetti squash is super easy. Slice in half, scoop out seeds, turn upside in the over, cook for 30 minutes and then use a fork to scoop it out. My 3 year old daughter prefers it to regular noodles.

Or as Susan taught me just plop the entire thing whole in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Especially nice in the summer as it won't heat up your kitchen.

Or as Susan taught me just plop the entire thing whole in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours. Especially nice in the summer as it won't heat up your kitchen.

Especially if you put your slow cooker out on your balcony like I do. :0)

Haha, I can't imagine slicing enough zucchini noodles for a family of 12! My hand would get so crampy.

I usually rock shrimp curry on a bed of spinach. But this probably isn't the texture you're looking for. It is delicious, though!

---------

Indeed. I wasn't really all that nuts for the texture. I've gone this long without pasta. *shrug* I think dh just misses sharing a family meal with me and thought I could have these.

I don't own a microwave or food processor or what all. I think my bullet blender and a cheese slicer are just about my fanciest cooking equipment. Our microwave busted years ago and we didn't even notice the loss, so we didn't replace it. When cooking for a large family, it's faster to cook large quantities in the oven or on the cooktop.

The one thing I do hate is that my kitchen only has one small wall oven. So I have to take turns cooking dishes in it because it won't hold more than one thing at a time.

A little ouch, but I think it's still worth trying once? Maybe? No pressure :D I don't have a microwave too.

I use mandolin slices for zoodles and it takes less than a minute to shred them. Cheese slicer would do too actually. Zucchini fettuccine :D  

I still think that you will love spaghetti squash. I am sure that your hubby will like it too. I buy several small squashes and pop them in the oven for an hour or so. I guess your wall oven can fit couple of them? 

Good luck with your cooking and whole30!

Archived