I'm back, and so glad to be. :-)

LivelyLady

I did my first W30 in January 2012 and found it very enlightening and overall positive. (I'm 37, no kids, for what its worth) Since then I've been mostly paleo (always GF due to celiac) but in the last 6 or so months have let more gluten free cookies and ice cream into the equation. Not during the week very often, but weekends for sure. I also drink on the weekends when I go out.

Two weeks ago I had heart surgery for a messed up valve and some rhythm problems and since then I've been very strict W30, other than yogurt. For the first few days in the hospital, all I could stomach was fruit and yogurt. Since then I've had no sugar, grains, or any other non-W30 food other than yogurt so it seems like a really good time to just drop the yogurt and go for it full on. Clearly, now more than ever, I need to be eating as clean as possible. The upside is I currently don't WANT anything un-clean so I feel really thankful to be starting out ahead of the game this time. (I had a few failed second attempts last year when I just wasn't ready. This time I'm super ready.)

I can't imagine how much worse this recovery would be if I'd been eating crap for the last two weeks. :) I'm eager to get back to my normal self and get back to jogging, dancing and generally kicking ass and I know doing the W30 can help me. :-)

Thanks you guys. :) My surgeon called me "text book" so that's about as good as it gets, eh? :) Still hurts but again, I keep thinking, man, this would be so much worse if bodily resources were going to digest grains and other crap instead of being freed up to just ... heal. :) So I'm SO thankful I made the decision to do this now. :)

It doesn't get much better than "textbook" when it comes to surgeon talk. Wishing you a quick recovery! It's so smart of you to do what you know is easiest on your body so that it can focus on healing.

Archived