Can I have.....

Helen Vargas

This was discussed elsewhere on the forum, and at the moment I can't find the thread.

However, I believe the answer was yes, as long as you follow the recommendation of having them with your meal and under the umbrella of 1-2 servings of fruit per day.

EDIT: Taking into account what Susan W posted, you may want to consider other choices, more often that not, for your fruit servings.

As Robin says, dates aren't forbidden but they really are sugar bombs. I accept that they're a fruit but I've rarely seen them used as anything other than a sweetener. 1 date on average contains 16grams of sugar. If you google dates, you immediately come up with headings like 'wonderfully sweet', how to satisfy a sweet tooth' etc. which, of course is not what we're trying to do on a W30.

So, bottom line, not forbidden if part of meal and not pushing veggies off plate but I'd really, strongly advise proceed with caution. They've been the downfall for so many people.

Ok, my friend was going to bring some bliss balls to work and asked if I could have dates, so I figured I'd ask. Not that i know exactly whats in bliss balls but she has IBS and has been on a FODMAP diet forever so dont expect it to be bad. I'm not really a fan of dates on their own anyway.

Just googled and found this recipe for bliss balls: http://www.myyogaonline.com/healthy-living/healthy-recipes/bliss-balls

Given that it contains vanilla (can have alcohol and/or sugar it it), and is a dessert-like food, bliss balls wouldn't be considered Whole30 compliant.

May want to check your friend's recipe to see if it's something you could have post-Whole30.

Bliss balls = dessert. Not a good idea. I wouldn't even want them post W30 because of all the nuts and seeds. Omega 6 bombs. :lol:

If I opt to have a dessert post W30, you can believe it is a real dessert and totally worth it.

Archived