Starting over after 9 days of "cleaning it up"

Sarah Wright

Hello Friends, 

So I made it to day 9 with MANY mistakes. (I totally did not read that peanuts are a "legume" and after a very stressful morning with a puking 6 month old I caved and had sugar in my coffee)....sigh BUT I am also committed to doing a 30 day crossfit challenge from this site: http://cleaneatsinthezoo.com/index/30-day-at-home-crossfit-challenge-workouts/

So I decided these last 9 days were my Clean up phase, and now that I have it figured out I can move forward for the 30 days of "perfection". 

Wish me luck! 

HAH!  Very common to "mess up" and restart.  I restarted twice in 28 days.  I think it takes much of the 30 days to erase and develop new habits so don't beat yourself up over the sugar in the coffee.  Do plan ahead and find an alternative:  I love full fat coconut milk in coffee (hopefully you have a little hand held blender to mix it up).

I hope baby feels better!

Good luck with your restart. Just know that nobody has a "perfect" w30. That's an awfully high standard. Yeah, there are no slips or cheats, and you have to take responsibility for reading the guidelines  reading labels, etc. I just mean that you will find something to feel less than perfect about--too much dried fruit, too many nuts, too little sleep, skipped meals. There is always room for improvement. 

Follow the template and try to make sleep a priority. My daughter woke up every two hours for 18 mos so I know that's sometimes impossible, but if you are home with your baby then allow yourself to nap whenever possible and take this time to nurture yourself. :)

Archived