Please Help!!!

W.J.

Hi everyone,

I finished my first Whole30 in April. I felt great, and lost over 11 lbs! Things were going well. Unfortunately, things have gone downhill ever since :( I had to have a myomectomy two weeks ago & I've been having some difficulties. I'm anemic & have a very low hemoglobin right now so I get tired very easily. I'm having to stay at my parents home with them right now because I needed help taking care of myself. I'm currently fighting an infection I got from one of my incisions reopening, and things have just been rough. I'm not trying to put all of my business out there so to speak, but just trying to give a little background info.

My parents have been great, but their eating habits not so much. I can't stand at a stove and cook yet, so I haven't had much control over my diet. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions that could possibly help me come up with a plan? My mom bought a few premade salads for me, so I can just pull them out of the fridge. Does anyone have any other quick & easy meal suggestions? I'm not able to move around much & I know it's very important for me to watch my diet not only to aid my body in the healing process, but also to keep myself from gaining more weight since I'm more sedentary than normal. I know we should try to stay away from oats, but one of my go to meals has been steel cut oats with fresh fruit. It's easy for me to make so it's very convenient.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Best,

WJ

I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Can you afford a couple of weeks of Premade Paleo? There was another thread (under the travel topic) where someone suggested having a personal chef make some meals that can be frozen and reheated when you're ready.

Could you ask your parents to make a basic protein in the slow cooker and portion it into containers with some basic veggies & stick it in the freezer for you? Maybe you could make it a family activity if you're able to sit in the kitchen for a little bit...

Thanks carolinaBlue. I can't afford the premade paleo option, but I think your suggestions are great. I'll see if I can get my mom to do something in the crockpot. That would be helpful. Thanks!

Best,

Johneen

Yes, roasts in the crockpot should be very easy. You can also do hardboiled eggs, canned tuna and salmon, hamburger patties that could be cooked up and reheated as you need them (same with baked sweet potatoes)...and most stores carry steamable frozen veggies without anything added that you can microwave.

Have your parents cook up some ground beef for you. All you have to do is mix in frozen veggies (I get a mix with carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower; I've also seen Asian-style ones with peppers and snow peas too), spices, and some fat, and you've got an easy microwave meal. 

Obviously your parents care about you, since they've let you move in to help you recover. Have you actually sat down and said to them that you really feel that eating W30 compliant is a great way to help you heal and get healthy? I'm sure if they knew you weren't just being a PITA because you want to lose weight that they would do their best to help. Even if they don't get it 100% right with the cooking, it'll be a huge help to you (and they  might notice some benefits eating the food too!).

Other than that, the suggestions of the others are great: slow cooker stew, hard boiled eggs, tinned tuna and salmon. Bags of frozen vege you can steam in the microwave would be super easy too.

Archived