Help! Why am I starving?

My hubby and I are paleoers who have done two whole30s. We feel awesome! We are both pretty fit and active but I still have those last 10 pounds I would like to get off. He lost lots of weight, me not so much. I decided to do another round with no fruit, nuts, sweet potatoes or plantains. I fel like I used these to assist the sugar demons and over indulged. I have been doing this for a week now and am starving all the time! Why??? I always felt satisfied before when I ate and honestly was not eating a tone of those things. What is the deal???

hmmm... I, too, didn't lose any weight during my first Whole30. It was only when I added more sweet potato into my meals during that first week post-Whole30 that I dropped some pounds. I really truly believe that a little sweet potato with every meal will not make you gain weight - I think it helps you feel more satiated and, as a result, eat less. Also, my mood was much more positive and steady when I ate sweet potatoes regularly during my 2nd Whole30.

Ok - just my experience! I hope you find what works best for you soon!

always felt satisfied before when I ate and honestly was not eating a tone of those things. What is the deal???

The idea here is to eat enough in a balanced way so you aren't hungry. My guess is you were eating the right amount of starchy carbs to keep your body healthy before, so cutting them out leaves you hungry. This seems totally normal.

You say you are already fit and active. I wonder if those last 10 pounds are needed to keep your body healthy too? Lots of women try to diet down below optimal body fat percentage, because society pushes us in that direction. It could be that eating MORE and lifting heavier is what's needed to get your body shape where you want it to be.

Day 6 and I'm constantly starving. I'm not cheating one bit on my food selections, but it just seems that 3 hours is as long as I can go without getting "really" hungry . . . not just bored. I know I'm not staying within the portion guidelines (eating more) and am eating a good amount of fats. If anything will be my downfall with this program, it's that I will get hungry and not have something ready to grab or have a full meal ready to cook. Help!

Day 6 and I'm constantly starving. I'm not cheating one bit on my food selections, but it just seems that 3 hours is as long as I can go without getting "really" hungry . . . not just bored. I know I'm not staying within the portion guidelines (eating more) and am eating a good amount of fats. If anything will be my downfall with this program, it's that I will get hungry and not have something ready to grab or have a full meal ready to cook. Help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would help if you posted your food log for the past 2-3 days, then folks here can give you specific feedback on where you can possibly make tweaks.

If you are hungry then you should eat. Some people need to have 4 or 5 meals fitting the template each day for a while, and that's fine. Just keep feeding yourself good nourishing food fitting the template as often as you need to feel good (2 palms of protein, 2 thumbs of fat is fine).

Archived