Didn't lose any weight during my whole 30, what did I do wrong? :(

I recently completed my 1st whole 30 and I am so proud of myself that I stuck to it and completed it successfully. I have never spent so much time in the kitchen and have never gone that long without eating something unhealthy. I have seen so many positive benefits from it that I am going to continue this way of eating the best I can. I know whole 30 isn't about weight loss and that is not the reason I did it, but after reading so many other people's stories and not loosing any weight at all I have to wonder what did I do that other people didn't or vise versa. Maybe I ate too many sweet potatoes, fruit, good fats???

Just curious???

If you have any insight please feel free to share.

Let me also make clear, I am not going to share my exact weight but lets just say I definitely have some pounds to spare. 

Thanks for your input

Congratulations on being kind to your body and completing your Whole 30! If you feel good, and you've stayed on the plan, may I suggest that maybe, no matter what your weight, you are just fine and on the road to optimum health just the way you are?

Did you take body measurements? What were the improvements you did see in your health? How are your clothes fitting? How close did you stick to the meal template? What type of eating were you coming off of? How active are you?

I agree with HollyBee...you should feel awesome you completed it and focus on all the other aspects of your health that changed and remember that the scale is just a measurement of your relationship with gravity and tells you nothing about your body composition overall.

Thank you both for your kind words, I honestly did not take measurements, I just know what the scale said before and now. My clothes are fitting a tiny bit better, and my stomach is a bit more hard, less fatty feeling but it sticks out a bit and I want to look better in a 2 piece bathing suit, I am so pleased with the way I feel from Whole 30 that I am going to continue but I really want to reduce the amount my stomach sticks out. To be honest I eat sweet potato and fruit everyday. Should I limit them to one serving each/each day? Do you think this will make a difference???

It's really hard to know without knowing your activity level and what the rest of your food looks like. Can you post a couple of typical days?

I would encourage you to take some measurements today too and maybe some photos.

Congratulations on completing your Whole30! Good job taking care of yourself.

For some of us it takes longer than 30 to get the results we want. As a result, I'm on day 38.

Best to you!

I lost on my first whole30, gained on my whole100 and now I am losing on my third whole30. For me the amount of nuts, coconut, fruit and coffee and how often I ate are what makes the difference, as does the amount of incidental or low intensity exercise ie lots of walking. My body seems to do really well eating at 7am, 1-2pm and 7pm and 2-3 serves of carbs (1-2 serves of fruit and 1-2 serves of sweet potato or pumpkin). But we are all different. Maybe try the minimum end of the template for protein and fat and see how that works for you? Or just keep doing what you are doing for another 30, you might just need more time. Good luck!

So you didn't put ON any weight and you feel better and healthier?

Then that's fantastic news and congratulations to you. :)

Just think, if you didn't own a set of scales you'd be on cloud 9 because you'd never know what they said.  ;)

As Robb Wolf says - put a bow on that set of scales and give them to your worst enemy.

Go Melly - you're a total success. 

Archived