Hi there,

I am on day 15 on my Whole30 and feel fantastic! I have no desire to cheat, I'm loving all the new things I'm making, things are finally evening out in the digestion department (thank God, that was rough!) My question is, I have been having some lower abdominal pain...apologies in advance for getting a bit graphic... It feels like I have 84 pounds of pressure in my intestines, but I don't have to fart- it's just uncomfortable, especially when I go to stand up or suck in my stomach. This pain isn't constant, it's happened in the afternoons the past few days. I'm not constipated, and I'm getting enough fluids, so I'm wondering what the pain could be caused by? The only thing I can think of is that I've read some people have trouble with fruit and nuts- should I eliminate them entirely? I really haven't been eating them too much... I have celiac disease, so I've been off gluten for about 2 years, so that wasn't a problem. Anyway, any advice you could offer would be very helpful! It could just be part of the process too, and I can appreciate that. Thanks!

I had this very same thing......it can sometimes be your gut actually healing.  The way it was explained to me is the old bacteria/parasites/etc die off and that process can be painful causing cramping/bloating/loose stool, etc.  It is actually a good thing/a healing thing but can feel painful.  It took me a good 3 weeks for it to pass and would go in cycles like that.....would get it every day at a similiar time no matter what I ate.  Not sure if this is what you have but just wanted you to know someone else has had similiar issues.  I did find that eating less helped as sometimes overeating even compliant foods caused me issues.  Sometimes it was easier just to be a little hungry and let myself heal and let digestion have somewhat of a break.  Hope that helps...

Archived