Sausage

Aidells is compliant? Whooo hooo!! I love Aidells but I didn't even think to check the ingredients ... just assumed that they were a no-go for the duration. I have a 3pack of the chicken mango in the freezer now. Hmmm ... breakfasts just got more fun! :)

At Target I found some Archer Farms Spinach & Garlic Chicken Sausage. The ingredients looked Whole30 approved. You can microwave them in 30 seconds and they taste pretty good. Very convenient.

Well pah. Yeah, I just checked the website and the ingredients for the mango jalapeno are:

INGREDIENTS:CHICKEN, DRIED MANGOES (MANGO, CANE SUGAR), FRUIT JUICE CONCENTRATE (APPLE, PINEAPPLE, PEAR, AND PEACH), DRIED SUGAR CANE SYRUP, CILANTRO, JALAPENO PEPPER, SALT, SAUTEED ONION (WITH SOYBEAN OIL), SPICES, CELERY POWDER, PAPRIKA, ONION POWDER, GRANULATED GARLIC, IN A PORK CASING. CONTAINS SOY.

It appears that some of them are ok ... below. But the rest of them contain sugar, cheese, soy, or some combination of the three.

Artichoke and Garlic:

INGREDIENTS:CHICKEN, ARTICHOKE HEARTS (ARTICHOKE HEARTS, WATER, SALT, CITRIC ACID). SALT, GARLIC, SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, ROASTED GARLIC (WITH OLIVE OIL), SPICE, PARSLEY AND CELERY POWDER, IN A PORK CASING

Chicken and Apple:

INGREDIENTS:ORGANIC CHICKEN, ORGANIC DRIED APPLES, SODIUM LACTATE (FROM BEETS), ORGANIC APPLE JUICE, SEA SALT, ORGANIC SPICES, AND CELERY POWDER, IN A NATURAL PORK CASING.

• 2 weeks later...

Bilinski makes some safe sausages that are quite delicious. I have only had the Italian Chicken Sausage. THeir website does not list the ingredients, but I know these are compliant...not sure about the other flavors. I got them at BJs, a pack of 10 links for $9.99. They sell them at WF and a 5 pack was about $6.49, but they did have a wider selection.

http://www.bilinski.com/products.cfm

Oh and I bought some uncured hot dogs from WF, I believe they are by Applegate? I cannot wait to eat them! I think I'm going to get some lettuce and find some compliant mustard (fingers crossed) to eat them with. Yummm

I've got some Penzey's breakfast sausage seasoning that I should use up on ground pork. That sounds good for a weekend breakfast! Or spaghetti sauce, my family always used sausage instead of regular beef in spaghetti. :)

***nevermind!!! The Penzey's site says there's sugar in the sausage seasoning! argh

i make the sausage seasoning from Well Fed and toss it in lots of stuff. One of my favorites is, sauté half a diced onion and 1 or 2 diced carrots, add 1 lb ground beef, throw in sausage seasoning and 1 big jar strained tomatoes and cook about 45 minutes, season to taste and serve over spaghetti squash. OUT OF THIS WORLD good.

Bilinski makes some safe sausages that are quite delicious. I have only had the Italian Chicken Sausage. THeir website does not list the ingredients, but I know these are compliant...not sure about the other flavors. I got them at BJs, a pack of 10 links for $9.99. They sell them at WF and a 5 pack was about $6.49, but they did have a wider selection.

http://www.bilinski.com/products.cfm

Oh and I bought some uncured hot dogs from WF, I believe they are by Applegate? I cannot wait to eat them! I think I'm going to get some lettuce and find some compliant mustard (fingers crossed) to eat them with. Yummm

Hi, Laura B.,

Is there a Trader Joe's near you? I think they might have the compliant mustard you're looking for: TJ's Dijon mustard with white wine. Ingredients: "water, mustard seed, vinegar, salt, citric acid;" and less than 1 g of carbs (probably sugar, but not listed) per serving. Sounds pretty compliant, except perhaps for the citric acid. Come to think of it, chicken sausages are quite delicious, and the brands TJ carries seem to have pretty clean ingredients... I think I know what I'm going to eat for protein once I run through the chicken and beef... :D

I make my own sausage (as patties) by blending 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground thyme, 1 tsp rubbed sage, and 1 tsp black pepper; then mixing that into 3 T cold water; then thoroughly mixing that solution by hand into 1 lb of ground meat. Delicious!

Hi, Laura B.,

Is there a Trader Joe's near you? I think they might have the compliant mustard you're looking for: TJ's Dijon mustard with white wine. Ingredients: "water, mustard seed, vinegar, salt, citric acid;" and less than 1 g of carbs (probably sugar, but not listed) per serving. Sounds pretty compliant, except perhaps for the citric acid. Come to think of it, chicken sausages are quite delicious, and the brands TJ carries seem to have pretty clean ingredients... I think I know what I'm going to eat for protein once I run through the chicken and beef... :D

Yes there is! I looove TJ's! Thank you, I will look for the mustard :)

Archived