Referrence/warning card when eating out?

I know a lot of people call ahead and such when eating in a sit down restaurant, but has anyone typed up an information card that lists the things you can't eat/are avoiding?  I ask because i know that some people with allergies have something of that sort that they take when the eat out so that the wait staff/ kitchen staff doesn't have to keep asking you questions about your meal and ,hopefully, you don't have to worry about a kitchen worker forgetting and adding in an excluded item.

any experiences or thoughts on this?  would you consider doing this, especially when eating out is more out of neccesity than planned ahead pleasure?

I've been gluten-free for over 6 years, eat out frequently, and have never found the need for a card like this. It helps if you go to a place with gluten-free menus, or places that cook to order, and be knowledgable about what you can and can't have.

That being said, I'm on my Whole30 day 11, and have eaten out twice so far. What works for me with these further restrictions is browsing the menu online ahead of time, picking out 1-3 entrees that look like they may be safe or easily tweaked, and I call the restaurant to ask all my questions. I don't want to be bogged down with that when I'm at the restaurant.

If that doesn't work for you, make your own card and take it to your local Staples to be laminated.

Archived