Butternut squash (Moroccan) stew recipe?

Jenn B

Whole foods hot food bar makes a butternut squash stew. It is tasty and pricey. Looking to create my own version. Their only non compliant ingredient is green chick peas. 

Does anyone have a good recipe. I have never made anything like this before.

Thanks!

Jenny I have never had that but I love their cold kale salad with tahini. I googled around using the words Whole Foods kale salad tahini and found a copycat recipe. It is identcal to me. I make it a couple of times a week. You might try that with the squash recipe.

Not Moroccan, but Pakistani and compliant.  Chock full of meat, which might not be what you are looking for:

http://realfoodfreaks.com/2013/02/22/pakistani-kima/

I've also made this stew, but you can skip the quinoa for W30:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quinoa-with-Moroccan-Winter-Squash-and-Carrot-Stew-233714

Not sure if it matches what they make, but it is Moroccan and it is compliant!

Pam H-

Like the recipes you sent (will make the pakistani one with beef in colder months, sounds interesting).

Used the parameters for a stew, but the ingredients that were posted at the food bar (I snapped a picture). I had no idea the amount for each ingredient, just winged it. Came out better than I anticipated! go me. 

Susan, I did check online for similar WF recipes, all posted were soups- the soups are a completely different texture than the stew. smart thinking though. thanks.

Pam H-

Like the recipes you sent (will make the pakistani one with beef in colder months, sounds interesting).

Used the parameters for a stew, but the ingredients that were posted at the food bar (I snapped a picture). I had no idea the amount for each ingredient, just winged it. Came out better than I anticipated! go me. 

Susan, I did check online for similar WF recipes, all posted were soups- the soups are a completely different texture than the stew. smart thinking though. thanks.

I sub sweet potato for the butternut squash all of the time. It is more of a cold weather meal.

Good for you; taking the leap and experimenting with the cooking.  Go you

Archived