went off plan...have to start over

heather rose

I am feeling really angry with myself. I would have two weeks tomorrow of Whole30 faithfulness and then today I broke and ate something with white sugar in it. Now I will have to start over. I was already feeling a bit bothered that I couldn't get a hold of the book to read it and understand all the ins and outs, whys and etc...of the program. I didn't want to just NOT eat this, EAT that and not understand why. I have lost body fat, feel better, my training is going great....I WILL succeed at this! But now my end date instead of June 29th will be July 10th.

Does this happen with other people?

Hi Heather - You are definitely not alone.

The same thing just happened to me, and I have quite a few successful W30's under my belt, including a W100.  I'm a stress eater and I have been tremendously stressed the last few months.  The other day (day 18 of an amazing W30) I caved and ate ice cream. Then I ate more ice cream.   It  has been my kryptonite the last couple of months.  I keep trying to restart the last few days, and seem to do well every other day.  I'm done beating myself up over it.  I have a lot going on, and I'm going to keep getting back on the horse until I stay on. 

Don't beat yourself up.  You are doing really well.  You had two great weeks, and soon enough you will reach your goal.  I would definitely get a copy of the book - can you download it on a Kindle, IPAD, etc? 

Hang in there.  Good luck!  :)

Lisa

Good for you for making it 2 weeks and for committing to start over right away! When I did my first Whole 30, the 3rd week was the hardest for me and I craved sugar...so I can relate. The temptation can be very challenging. Keep at it because it gets easier the long you do it.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement about starting over.  I made it to Day 10, but looked in the mirror and realized I was only cheating myself with little indiscretions that I made excuses for because "I workout" or "don't have a sugar addiction"...so I am re-starting. I was Paleo compliant for 2 months prior to starting and Weight Watchers before that for about 5 years. 

I also want to restart, because in the last 10 days I have had a revelation of sorts...the Whole30 is not just another diet I am trying out, but it is an return to honoring  the miracle that is our physical self. In an effort to be a good steward of it, I should  provide it with the purest food and cleanest fuel available. 

I decided to forgive myself for fighting against 25+  years of DIETING and embrace this restart as a positive move towards not just a 30-day calendar success, but a lifetime of change.

Still had a very successful 10 days! Sugar demon is tamed and habits are good...Looking forward to a re-start, re-fresh, re-new! :P

Archived