Lemon and lime juice

I buy limes by the case from Costco becuase I use them so often. My favorite cold fizzy drink is a club soda or sparkling water with lime. I have been using True Lime and True Lemon (http://www.truelemonstore.com/) a lot as well - in fact I ordered a case of each. I can't use them during Whole30 because there's cane sugar the packets (they're not sweet at all ... I'm not sure why it's there) but I will go back to using them after, I'm pretty sure.

LindaLee - my pitchers never last a few days. :) I go thru about 2 pitchers of water per day on average.

But yes, I put a wedge of lime in my glass, rather than "liming" a whole pitcher. A sliced lime will keep for a really long time in the fridge if you just wrap it with a little plastic wrap to keep it from drying out.

Edited to add .. the bitterness comes from the pith, so as the lime or lemon slices sit in the water for a long time, yeah, the'll make the water bitter. It's one reason I don't put it in the whole pitcher. The other is that my housemate doesn't like lime in his water. :)

Karacooks - do you just put a slice of lime in your glass? I put some sliced limes in a pitcher and it was great for a few days, then it was very bitter.

In my experience the bitter comes from the rind being left in the water. I tend to get a bag, squeeze and freeze into cubes, and then drop a cube into the glass. Or if just put the pulp into the water, without the rind, I dont get that bitterness.

Archived