Physibeth's First Whole30 Log (finally!)

Physibeth

I have an Amazon Rewards Visa card so I earn points when I pay for my purchases.  I use the card for everything and pay it off every month so points add up fast!

I can't wait to get it next week so I can zoodle!!!!  :D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know..I really should have gotten one 3 years ago. I shudder at the thought of how many points I would have earned. Going to get one on my next purchase since I notice they discount the purchase if you apply. :)

Great purchases Jinkse! Practical Paleo is the book that finally got me on this crazy adventure. Next week though? Are you not a prime member? Gosh I can't even consider ordering something unless it is a must have if it isn't a prime eligible purchase! Must have it ASAP!  :)  ;)  :P

Day 3 Wrap Up: Left community group earlier than usual but still got home around 9pm and felt just so very tired. Fed the cats and put myself to bed but still ended up reading until about 10:30. Resisted the urge to eat a larabar. I wasn't really hungry just wanted something.

Day 4:

Sleep: Took me about 4 minutes to fall asleep but read a long time before I started dozing off with the book propped up on a pillow next to me. Slept 8:09 (this was after snoozing 2x and then turning the alarm off and forgetting to get out of bed) 4 in REM and :58 in Deep. Woke up 3x at around 2 am, 4:30 am, and 6:15 am (first time the alarm went off). Went back to sleep quickly each time and was only awake about 8 minutes total.

7:20 am Meal 1: 2 grass fed beef hot dogs, half an acorn squash with cinnamon, coconut butter, and raisins, raw sauerkraut, black coffee

10:30 am:  Easy run 2 mi 

12:15 pm Meal 2: Taco Salad (lettuce, ground beef with taco seasoning, and a whole mashed avocado), strawberries

Planned for the rest of the day:

2pm: Grande iced americano from Starbucks (oil change for the other car today)

3pm: Kombucha

5pm Meal 3: Thanksgiving stuffing meatballs, mashed faux-tatoes, apple

7pm: BodyPump class (release 83 unless my friend changed her mind)

Feeling a lot better today. Took care of some much needed chores this morning between breakfast and my run. Got the cat boxes all cleaned up (they were wretched), got all the trash taken out (can't wait for hubby to be home from business trip), and got most of the kitchen cleaned up (a few things left to do but my hot water was not so hot anymore). So nice to see the counters! I still need to give the whole kitchen a good scrubbing but that might be a lesson for the weekend. For now keeping the dishes under control is key. My run went very well. It's amazing how much better I feel after just 3 days of clean eating and good sleep. Despite everything I did right this morning I did forget to put my workout pants in my gym bag.  :rolleyes: So I guess I'll be heading over to Target before class to hopefully find another pair. I really only have one pair of gym pants (lots of running skirts though) right now as all the ones I had were too big so I guess it was time to get another. Going to PCC on my way home from the gym to get my precious eggs (they get delivered on Thursdays) and a couple of other things (kombucha) and then home. May stay up and do some food prep tonight if I am feeling a bit energized from the evening class. Friday is a day I can sleep in a little. Guess we'll see how it goes. 

Oh and forgot to mention that I had one of those lovely food dreams last night. I dreamed that I was having dinner with someone and going on and on about Whole30 and then looked down at my plate and realized I had eaten a pizza. Doh! 

I am not a Prime member...can't justify the cost when so many things come with free shipping and I know Prime people who can order what I need if the shipping it high.  ;)   No biggie for me to wait...lots of other cooking can be done in the meantime!  :D

Aww snap, did you realize the pants weren't in the gym bag during the day, or once you were half undressed in the locker room? For me it was always the sports bra I'd leave on the bed. Once it was panties - we just won't talk about that day. Hope you picked up some cute new pants!

Aww snap, did you realize the pants weren't in the gym bag during the day, or once you were half undressed in the locker room? For me it was always the sports bra I'd leave on the bed. Once it was panties - we just won't talk about that day. Hope you picked up some cute new pants!

I realized when I got to work this morning. My class isn't until tonight. I have more than once not realized I forgot clean underwear until after I've showered. Luckily Target is just across the street from the gym so I only had to go commando for a little while. I did once drive home because I forgot to bring a cami to go under my shirt and it was not appropriate for me to go to work without it.  :rolleyes:

Jinkse, my Prime membership is expiring in August. I am working on being more patient and getting out of my "have to have it now" self. I am not going to renew it for 60 days. I call it my unique W60. :) We'll see.

Jinkse, my Prime membership is expiring in August. I am working on being more patient and getting out of my "have to have it now" self. I am not going to renew it for 60 days. I call it my unique W60. :) We'll see.

I do use some of the other prime membership perks too...like the kindle lending library. I like that both hubs and I can use it. He is far less patient then I.

I do use some of the other prime membership perks too...like the kindle lending library. I like that both hubs and I can use it. He is far less patient then I.

And unlimited free streaming for the Prime movies. I just watched "Fathead" last night for about the billionth time :)

"Join us ... come join us ..."

And unlimited free streaming for the Prime movies. I just watched "Fathead" last night for about the billionth time :)

"Join us ... come join us ..."

I always forget about the movies because I'm usually wrapped up in some series on Netflix and keeping up with too much on my tivo. No wonder my house is always a mess.  :rolleyes:

HA!  Would it help if I said I see all the movies that are made from books???  LOL!

I suppose. But it does make me a little sad puppy that you don't know the original stories which are often worlds better than the movies.  ;)

I definitely agree with you...books are written so much better!  My attention span just doesn't stick with reading a lot.  I have read some great books but my mind wanders and then I can't remember what I read.  :huh:   Or I fall asleep!  There are so many books that I have started but then got to the last chapter and stopped reading it.

Day 4 Wrap-up:

Rest of the days eating went according to plan except I didn't eat my apple with dinner. Just didn't want it. Got some cute workout pants at Target and a bunch of new sports bras (2 sizes down from the ones I was wearing woot!) Workout pants nowhere near as comfy as my Lucy ones but they worked out just well. Class was awesome and I was a sweaty shakey mess by the end...mission accomplished. :-)

Got the cutest little spaghetti squash at PCC last night! They are more acorn squash sized and they look perfect on the outside so hopefully will turn out better than my last one. *fingers crossed* Bought a coconut water with coconut bits in it to drink on the trip home. I have been in the habit of eating a whole bag of dried mango on the way home from the grocery store (it's a 20-30 minute trip) but I decided that probably wasn't in the spirit of the Whole30. Got home and put my groceries away, fed the cats, ate a slice of bacon (small) cold, and put myself to bed. 

Day 5:

Sleep: Took me 29 minutes to fall asleep last night. Hindsight I probably should have stayed up and got all my food prep done last night as I ended up sleeping in anyway. Turned the alarm off when it went off at 7 am and didn't end up getting out of bed until after 8 am. 8:45 total with 4:12 in REM and 1:07 in deep. Lot's of weird dreams last night. Woke up 3x.

8:45 or 9 am Meal 1: 4 pastured eggs scrambled into 2 cups of kale sauteed in ghee, 3 small strips bacon, raw sauerkraut, black coffee

1 pm Meal 2: Lamb steak seasoned with greek seasoning and cooked in coconut oil with olive tapenade (recipe from Practical Paleo) with spinach sauteed in ghee with garlic salt, strawberrie

planned for the rest of the day

Afternoon sips: mineral water, black coffee, kombucha, water

Meal 3 (between 5 and 7): Salmon cakes with homemade mayo, sweet potato fries, salad, apple (recipes for salmon and sweet potatoes from Practical Paleo)

Still feeling a bit tired and on edge today. I wish I had slept better last night. I closed the windows in the main part of our bedroom because I was chilly but than woke up really hot later in the night but didn't want to open them. I'm silly. Ran around the kitchen like a mad woman between breakfast and leaving for work getting all my food together for today. I did a pretty good job of cleaning as I cooked at the beginning but not so much at the end. I would say the mess I left in my kitchen isn't much worse than what was there when I got up but mostly different things. Shouldn't be too hard to deal with when I get home tonight. Excited to pick the husband up tonight! He's been in California at E3 for work since last Thursday! Will need to be good about getting to bed tonight so I can get up and do my 12 mile run in the morning before some visiting friends come over for lunch. Possibly should do a little cleaning tonight too. Hmmm. 

Beth just pulled a spag squash out of my sc. High for 4 hours. Perfect. :)

Just a thought..does the sleep app thing ever remind you of counting calories etc? It would drive me coocoo to know the details.

No. I actually like having the sleep data a lot. I actually sleep more than I think I do I have found. What I have is a Zeo (sadly they are out of business now) so its actually a sensor I wear around my head. I often think I'm awake when I'm sleeping lightly (have had really trippy experiences because of this). At any rate I also like that the alarm wakes me in a window so it usually goes off when I'm easiest to wake up. Dunno, maybe I should try sleeping without it for a few weeks and see if anything changes. 

I think I'll make my spag squash (2) on Saturday when I'm around to remove them promptly after 4 hours. 

Forgot to mention I wore a skirt today (didn't feel like sundress weather but I can manage a skirt) and as I was hurrying to get food together I was finishing up the mayo and accidentally got some on the chord which then went all over my black skirt when I went to wash up the IB. Oops. Luckily it came clean with a towel pretty easily. I really need to start wearing an apron when I cook.

Beth, you're doing great. I always admire your eats.

I too love books but have been exhasted and falling asleep easier than pre Whole30. I am definitely watching too much TiVo and Netflix.

I want a zoodle maker too! My kitchen is just too darn small.

Archived