Physibeth's First Whole30 Log (finally!)

Physibeth

Another +1 for zoodle maker ...  And I only just got my julienne peeler!

I keep thinking I need an apron too!  I've never bought one as I've always though "that's what my grandma would wear", but the number of times I've been caught out cooking (usually with tomato too I might add).

Yay for skirts!  I lived in them over summer.  (We had a 10 day heatwave where every day got up to 36 degrees - about 97F - or higher).

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 5 Wrapup: 

Ended up not eating my salad or apple for Meal 3. Just wasn't that hungry. Probably from the booch and the mineral water. Oh well. Suffered through the traffic to pick up my love from the airport. Yay! My husband is not the most talkative person in the world but he spent most of the hour drive home telling me all about the conference and how well it went. That is sure sign it was a great and successful time! Stayed up a bit too late watching So You Think You Can Dance Vegas week. May have put a small piece of bacon in my mouth on the way to bed.  :P

Day 6:

Sleep: Took me almost an hour to fall asleep last night. Busy little brain worrying about all the things I need to do today and trying to give myself an anxiety attack and also just processing all the information from husband about his trip. Slept about 7 hours with 3 in REM and just under an hour in deep. Woke up 2x and hit the snooze button 2x. Would have liked to sleep more but things to do today.

7:30am Meal 1: 4 pastured eggs scrambled into 2 cups of kale sauteed in ghee, 3 small strips bacon, raw sauerkraut, black coffee

How I hope the rest of the day goes:

9amish Exercise: 12 mile run - last long run before my half marathon next week

1pm Meal 2: Having some friends over for lunch. Will have a grass fed burger with sweet potato fries, lettuce, pickles, and probably strawberries.

6pm Meal 3: Have my Creative Memories customer/friend coming over to scrapbook. Will make Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and Baked Beets with Fennel from Practical Paleo. 

I'm a little anxious about the state of my house at the moment knowing I have company coming today. Hopefully run will go well and I can just do some quick straightening up. Both house guests are people I know really well so I'm not overly concerned with impressing but I have been feeling like a total slob lately and that isn't really how I want people (or myself) to see me. Hopefully hubby will help some. I am feeling much more awake and my sinuses seem clearer this morning.  I have had this irritating lingering cough ever since I had the mega cold last month. It isn't so bad that it gets in the way of anything, just annoying. Starting to wonder if I should brave a doctor's office to have it checked out or wait a little longer to see if it clears itself up. Anyway...grateful for a beautiful morning and looking forward to my day whatever it brings! Must focus on enjoying the people in my life and my good foods and not stress appearances etc.

The ones I bought this time are pretty small. They are about the size of the acorn squash I got. I totally forgot I said I was going to do those today. Hmmm. I am sitting here in the kitchen. Kind of don't want to make a mess though. Hmmmm.

Beth, I love reading your log, I find it motivating and you seem quirky and fun :) it looks like you're doing really well. Wow, 12 mi run!?!?! Insanity :-P

What are some of your favorite books/ movies? I too love to read and now that summer is here I need to pick up a few new stories.

OK, I stopped being a dork and put one of them in. I think they both would have fit but just in case I ruin another. Set it for 4 hours (sets in intervals of 2) and a timer on my phone for 3. When I check it how do I know if I should leave it or pull it out? Should I be letting it cool before I cut it open? That might be my other problem.

My run went really well as did lunch with our friends. Added some baby carrots to that meal and homemade mayo on my burger. Decided I didn't feel like making the beets tonight. Will have a salad with my chicken thighs. Maybe try to make some ranch for it with some of my mayo. Picking at the leftover sweet potatoes from lunch while I'm cooking my chicken because I'm hungry. Making zero progress on my scrapbooking but working up to it. 

Beth, I love reading your log, I find it motivating and you seem quirky and fun :) it looks like you're doing really well. Wow, 12 mi run!?!?! Insanity :-P What are some of your favorite books/ movies? I too love to read and now that summer is here I need to pick up a few new stories.

Aww thanks Lizzard! I like the words quirky and fun. Much better than weird and awkward. ;-) I've been doing half marathons on and off since 2008. My next one is in a week. I'm hoping I make my time goal so I can be done for the season as I would like to pull back on the running a touch and add a 3rd day of BodyPump. Most of my favorites books/movies fall in the sci-fi/fantasy realms though I also like historical fiction. Some of my favorites are Enders Game (and all the books in that universe), The Uglies series, Harry Potter series, The Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games. I just got hooked on these steam punk esque books that are really enjoyable. Waiting for the last book in that series to come out. The series is called The Emperor's Edge. I also like all Jane Austin, Gone with the Wind, Little Women, and other classics like those. Really I will read almost anything though I don't love mystery/crime novels. Movies/TV I tend to lean the same way. Love comic book movies though I don't love comic books (I can't read that way...just doesn't flow right for me). I also love chick flicks though I don't get to see many. I enjoy all thing Joss Wedon. So yeah, I am a geek and I like to be entertained. ;-)

The squash becomes sort of squeezable. I wish I could explain that better. Not soft like a tomato or anything. I just let mine cool until I can handle it so not long at all. I slice off the ends and cut it in half lengthwise as soon as I can so the steam can escape.

Have you read the Divergent series? Really great books, in the same vein of Hunger Games. First two are out and the third is due this fall, waiting on the edge of my seat! My hubs and I are total sci-fi nerds, books and TV. One of my faborite series was Tad Williams Otherland, if you haven't read that hou should check it out. I'll have to look into The Emperor's Edge, that sounds interesting!

Oh I will have to check those out! I am reading The Chronicles of Narnia right now while I wait for the last Emperor's Edge book. Have you read Uglies, Pretties, etc? Those books are in the vien of the Hunger Games as well. I total devoured that series. 

I haven't, will check those out as well. I was happy to see the first in The Emperor's Edge was free so I can see if I like the series.

Btw, if you microwave, the spaghetti squash takes about 8-10 min if you don't want to plan hrs in advance. Sometimes I get a hankerin for a "pasta" dish and can't wanna wait.

Susan you rock! The squash was a success! It still collapsed a little on one side but when I cut it open it noodled beautifully. A little more al dente than the first time I did it successfully which is fine by me. The way I like them. Yay!

Oh good!! I turn mine halfway. I guess crockpots tend to be hottest on the side away from the buttons.

That recipe looks so good. Somewhere I have a cabonara recipe but I dont remember the arrowroot. I was going to make it with zoodles. Spag squash sounds even better.

Archived