Physibeth's First Whole30 Log (finally!)

Physibeth

I can't count amount of times I've said to myself "you have to clean your place" while catching up. Well done! I really feel that keeping space around you clean is a part of self care. I can't be productive or even functional when it's a mess around. Strangely enough I notice that the more mess is around the lazier I become. My unreachable goal is to do as the saying goes - "don't make mess, so it won't be there". Some people can do clean as you go. I wish I could. He. 

Your wo reports are making me dreamy and happy, like I am doing it too. Round of applause for your self-discipline. 

Tomorrow is the last day and you'll move to "post" where "cool kids" are hanging out  ;)  ;)  ;)

It's so true about the cleaning and the space around me. I've always described myself as a lazy neat freak. Having a mess just drains me but when it gets out of hand I get paralyzed by this need I have to do it all or do nothing at all. I've always had the best success with keeping clean vs cleaning. Husband adds a monkey wrench because he doesn't see it the same as I do and does not understand why I flip the f out (well I did before my mood got all paleo happy) when he leaves clothing on the den/bedroom floor or can't be bothered to throw away trash or put an empty pop can in the recycling bin.

I think the workout stuff is easier because I love what I'm doing (most of the time). Even the days I don't want to run I usually have a change of attitude by the end. 

Looking forward to moving over to the post log! I will admit openly here that I may have bought a technically compliant bag of potato chips to take in our picnic lunch to Mt Rainier on Wednesday.  :ph34r: In fact the coupon might have been for 2 bags.  :ph34r:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should put "wasted lots of time playing magic the gathering online" on my goals checklist. I'd get that one every day.  :P

Meal 3: Chinese BBQ Pork, Sauteed Bok Choy.

Drank a bottle of booch while I wasted lots of time playing magic.

Need to do some cooking and get myself to bed.

Day 30!!!!

Sleep: Because of my wasted time playing Magic last night I did not get to bed before 10 like planned. But I did manage to get about 7 hours of sleep. Fell asleep in about 5 minutes despite the growling grumpy cat. Woke at 1:30 and a little after 2 and then slept until my alarm went off just after 6.

Meal 1: (6:30 am) 4 eggs scrambled into kale sauteed in bacon fat and mushrooms & bacon that I sauteed in tallow the night before, black coffee, raw sauerkraut.

Managed to salvage most of my evening. Got all the cooking projects on my list done except making ghee. Browned 3 lbs of ground beef plain and froze it in single servings so when husband or I want it can just defrost. Did the same with another 3 lbs of ground beef but seasoned that one for tacos. Husband won't let me write a meal plan for him so having the things he likes on hand in a way that won't go bad is key. Made zoodles and garlic scape pesto last night as well. Made my pesto with the whole lot of the scapes, a whole bunch of cilantro, a handful of shredded coconut, and about a cup of evo. I haven't tasted it yet but it looks good. I put the pesto and the zoodles in a pan to cook all together. Half in a container with ground beef for lunch today and the rest will get  combined with some shrimp for dinner on Saturday. Last thing on my list was making mayo which was long overdue.

Got through my daily chores. Came downstairs this morning to a clean kitchen for the 5th day in a row.  :wub:

Off to BodyPump this morning and then a 3 mile run on the dreadmill. Going to suffer the heat at work today I guess because I don't feel like driving home and then back out to Seattle tonight to pick up my brother at the airport. Will just have to take some breaks outside and maybe eat my meals in the conference room which does have AC. I guess on Friday they were just doing prep work and now we are waiting for the new AC unit to arrive.  :rolleyes:

Day 30 cont'd:

Exercise: (8:30 am) BodyPump 86 again. Love this release so much. Worked hard and felt good. Followed up with 3.1 mile run on the dreadmill. Did each mile a little faster than the previous with a short walk break in between so I could get water in.

Meal 2: (11:15 am) Zoodles with garlic scape/cilantro pesto and ground beef, peach

Feel thoroughly abused now. In a good way.  :D

Would really love to take a blanket outside and lay down and have a nap. If I wasn't so weird about creepy crawly things.  ;)

Had a couple of people in class this morning ask me what I've been doing so I got to preach the good paleo news a little bit.  :ph34r:

Maybe I'll spend some time this afternoon creating a kick ass playlist for my drive to the airport tonight. 

Congratulations on day 30!!!!  Are you going to post a success story?

Thanks! Still only 1pm here. Will post one in the next couple of days. Will weigh/measure tomorrow morning and will post if I have time but will not be online as much I imagine while my brother is here.

Day 30 cont'd:

Meal 3: (5 pm) can of tuna with mayo and dill, baby carrots

Not actually super hungry yet. Possibly because I drank a whole bottle of booch and half a large bottle of mineral water. But want to make sure I eat before I go pick up brother from airport and need to leave here by 6pm. I might leave earlier because I think it would be more pleasant to sit in my air conditioned car in the cell phone lot than in my office right now.  :P Just checked the current traffic.  :angry:

Day 30 Cont'd:

Meal 4: Brother was hungry when he got in so we went to Red Robin. I had the avocabbo salad with just the chicken, egg, and avocado. They gave me extra egg and avocado as I didn't want any of the other stuff on it which was nice. Ate most but not all of it and I was hungry at the time.

Results!

Overall I'm feeling about the same as I was when I started which is fine because I've been mostly paleo since mid-March. May I had done more offroading than usual though and hadn't lost any weight. Happy to report that from June 1st to today I lost 3.2 lbs and 3.75"! I'm very pleased with these numbers. I think what my Whole30 take away is that I can lose weight and inches without stepping on the scale everyday and without logging every morsel of my food.

I will write up something a little longer in success stories and start up my post-W30 log now!

• Moderators

Congrats on day30! And don't know how I missed the pics before, but let me chime in now about how gorgeous your dress was and you in it. So lovely! You're really kicking a$$, lady. Have a great time with your brother. And when you get a chance, tell me about CX Works. I was pissed when they started a split pump/CX class during one of my usual pump classes, so I always left after the first half.

Yay for Day 30! Nice results, especially in inches. REalizing you can lose weight without logging and being on the scale three times a day is a HUGE accomplishment. It was a huge takeway from my w30 as well. 

Congrats on day30! And don't know how I missed the pics before, but let me chime in now about how gorgeous your dress was and you in it. So lovely! You're really kicking a$$, lady. Have a great time with your brother. And when you get a chance, tell me about CX Works. I was pissed when they started a split pump/CX class during one of my usual pump classes, so I always left after the first half.

Thanks LadyM! You should totally try the cx class! It is basically 30 minutes of abuse for your core. It hurts so good. The exercises are hard for me as I have a really weak core but I muscle through it the best I can. I look forward to taking that combo class on a regular basis once I'm done with half marathon training.

• 7 months later...

On your post you are indicating what your REM is, How do you know?

Back when I was doing my Whole30 I was using a product called Zeo to track my sleep. It is a headband with a sensor that monitors your brain activity and sends it to your phone. Sadly they company has gone out of business. I stopped using it a few months ago.

Here is my Week 4 Meal plan/Goal.  My goal is to stay on this 100% This is basically what I have been making for myself every week but posting it daily.  I figure this will be easier for me and than I can post daily how I did and if I ate other things.  I will be trying not to snack in between and I am going to make it a goal AGAIN to get my butt to the gym and to not be afraid to eat my PWO meal!!!!  

MONDAY

3 egg omelet w/spinach & Sauerkraut  @ 6:00A

L/O Kalua wrapped in Butter lettuce. @ 12P

Thyme Braised Short Ribs (WF) w/broccoli  7:30P

4:30P C.F

Turkey Jerky w/Sweet Potato Chips (1) @ 5:45P

TUESDAY

L/O Ribs wrapped in Butter Lettuce @ 12P

Mahi Mahi w/ gingered carrots (RW) 7:30P

WEDNESDAY

If enough L/O;

If not, 2 Chicken Breast w/Kale crisps @ 12P

Collard quiche w/sweet potato crust  (Ladies only forum)

5:00A RIPPED (D)

3 egg whites w/Pumpkin @ 6:15A

THURSDAY

L/O @ 12P

Damn Fine Chicken W/thighs & Caulf,Parsnip,Carrot Puree & baby Kale (NNP)

5:00 A Ripped (M)

FRIDAY

3 egg omelet w/spinach@ 6:00A

L/O @ 12P

Pork Stew (NNP) w/broccoli & Summer Squash

SATURDAY

Coconut Milk Frittata (RW) @ 7:30A

L/O @ 12P

Grilled Lamb Chops (RW) w/ Garlic Mash (WF)

Run 6 miles @ 6:00 A

Emergency Protein (NNP)

@ 6:15A

SUNDAY

Crustless Quich (RW)@ 7:30A

L/O @ 12P

Feona's Green Chicken (NNP) w/Kale & Gingered Carrots

Elliptical @ 6:00A

OH Crud!!!  I posted it on your Whole30 not mine!!!!!  I'm sooo sorry.  You can delete it :(  embarrassed I viewed your log from my phone and thought I went back to mine.  THan when you asked if I meant to post that in my Log I was like YA???? Duh soooo sorry. 

No worries. I'll clean it all up later, but I'll leave it for now if you want to copy and paste it over. :)

• 7 months later...

Some place I read that I could use butter and sautéed my mushrooms in a little this morning.  tonight when I was reading the book it says no butter.  Does this mean I have to start all over???

Unfortunately yes. You can use ghee or clarified butter, because the dairy solids have been removed but not real butter. After your whole30 it is fine if you find you tolerate it. What day are you on? 

Archived