Sara's Whole30 #2!

Sara O.

Howdy!

Tomorrow, I will be starting my second Whole30!   :D  I introduced myself in the Join the Whole30 section and explained why I am doing another Whole30.

I plan to use this forum to keep track of how I'm feeling and possibly log my food too.

This evening I'll be starting right away, as is suggested.  (;

Things that need fixing:

-I've been having some serious GI issues for over a week now and would really like to clear that up!  lol  -I also have some persistent rashes on my arms and legs which would do well to go away...!  The rashes on my legs are definitely stress related and eating well is the only thing that's seemed to help in the past six years.  The rashes on my arms are newer, starting about two months ago.

-Sleeping better

-Skin clearing up

Can't wait to see where this Whole30 takes me!   :D

Day 1!

Herrrrre we gooooo!

So, I'm a bit of a picky eater.  I'm really not a fan of nightshades (not because they're nightshades, but just because my taste buds don't like 'em! lol).  And I have a bit of a problem with some other veggies.  During my last Whole30 I discovered I liked baked brussel sprouts with salt and grilled asparagus (this is a miracle for me!).  I do my best to get my veggies in, but because of my picky eating, I tend to eat the same thing every week.  Therefore, I plan to log my food only about once a week.   ;)   Also, I will only eat organic, humanely-raised meat from animals who were fed appropriate diets (e.g. grass, not corn or soy)...this is for moral and health reasons.  (;  And whenever I can, I get organic, pastured, local eggs and organic fruits and veggies.

I woke up a bit stuffy this morning and definitely felt that I could have slept longer.  But I'm excited about completing another Whole30 and have a very good feeling about this one!   :D

Meal 1

-two eggs fried in ghee

-two raw carrots

-two fish oil (ingredients)

-green tea

Meal 2

-5 oz. canned salmon

-boiled broccoli

-6 macadamia nuts

-one sheet of onion SeaSnax (tastes like potato chips!)

-1 bottle of GT's cranberry kombucha

Feeling better as the day goes on; my GI tract has even settled down already!  I'm still a bit tired though...

Pre-WOD meal

-3oz.(-ish) steak

-Paleo Comfort Foods' sweet potato casserole (I know you're supposed to keep it to protein and fat before a work out, but my body was really telling me to have some of this and not in a sugar dragon kind of way)

WOD

HQ Warm-up x 2, 5 minutes of Double-Under practice

WOD:
Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
20 Floor Presses 25/35#,
20 DB Goblet Squats 25/35# (one dumbbell),
3 Wall Climbs (chest to mat…chest to wall)

Post-WOD meal

-Peter Rabbit Organics carrot, squash, and apple baby food

-large Primal Pac

Ended up just having that^ for dinner.  It was after 6:00 when I finished eating and I wasn't terribly hungry later in the evening.

Day 2

Woke up a bit tired again, even after nine hours of sleep.  Yesterday's WOD killed me though!  Feeling it this morning...  lolol   :blink:

My stomach seems to be considerably less puffed up already!  And my GI tract is sooo much better and not at all rumbly!   :D  :D

Meal 1

-2 eggs fried in ghee

-sweet potato casserole

-2 fish oil

-green tea

Meal 2

-4oz. chicken fried in bacon grease

-boiled green beans

-GT's Trilogy kombucha

I was having really bad cramps before and during this meal, so I wasn't able to eat much.   :(

Pre-WOD meal

-2 eggs fried in ghee

-sweet potato casserole

-2 fish oil

WOD

5 Strict Pull-ups,
10 Hand Release Push-ups,
20 Double-Unders,
Run 400 Meters,
4 Rounds for time…

Pre-Wod/Meal 3

-large Primal Pac