"It Starts with Food" cookbook??

spagirl

I'm on day 9 of my whole 30, still learning this new way of eating and cooking.

Saw this book on amazon, downloaded a sample... Almond pancakes and recipes that called for Parmesan cheese and cream cheese and milk were just a few of the things I quickly noticed.

Is this accurate? The cover says appropriate for the whole 30 program. It's just a sample, I didn't read through the intro, but the recipes that are shown in the sample don't seem to be Whole30 compliant.

Forgive me, I'm new and looking for great recipes to cook! I love Well Fed!! It's awesome!

Just confused.

Here's the link, couldn't post a pic of the cover of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D01TYQ2

• Moderators

Thanks for alerting us to this nasty, opportunistic, deceitful trash. There are a lot of people who claim to be Whole30-compliant when they are actually Whole30-hostile, but this may be as bad as it gets.

Ha! I can definitely say this one's not affiliated with us in any way.  I didn't see any mention of Whole9 or Whole30, and I'm not familiar with copyright issues as related to book titles (I know movie and song titles aren't protected), but I'll let M know this is out there.

Ugh.  Here's the description on Amazon:

"It Starts With Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig was named one of the top 50 health books by the Huffington Post in September 2012, and for a good reason; this book is responsible for changing the lives of it's readers. If you have not read it yet, we highly recommend that you do.

Those who choose to apply the program laid out in the book have reported the elimination of a wide variety of symptoms, diseases and ailments in just 30 days. Here is a list of just some of the symptoms people have reported relief from:

diabetes · high cholesterol · high blood pressure · obesity · acne · eczema · psoriasis · hives asthma · allergies · sinus infections · migraines · acid reflux · celiac disease · Crohn's · IBS bipolar disorder · depression · seasonal affective disorder · eating disorders · ADHD endometriosis · PCOS · infertility · arthritis · Lyme disease · hypothyroidism · fibromyalgia

We designed this cookbook to support those who are on the "It Starts With Food Whole 30†program, and for anyone who believes in the benefits of eating whole foods and avoiding processed foods and sugars. We hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!"

I vote we get the forum members out in force and flood the product with reviews letting people know it's anything BUT W30 compliant. Mine will be a 1-star review, is all I can say. ;-)

I vote we get the forum members out in force and flood the product with reviews letting people know it's anything BUT W30 compliant. Mine will be a 1-star review, is all I can say. ;-)

I added mine!

Oh holy cow! I couldn't see any description or anything when I looked! I was on the Barnes and Noble site. Jeez, what eejits. Yeah...not good news (for them).

#########################

I think I can hear a few choice words coming from Melissa. Atticus cover your little ears. :huh:

Whoa! I didn't want to get anyone in trouble... but the truth is the truth. There is so much stuff out there... I didn't think it was compliant. But as I'm learning to navigate, and then see something like that... It gets a little confusing.

Have to say I'm getting better at recognizing recipes that are whole30 approved (at least I hope!!)

Added a review and helpful votes.

Susan, I agree with wanting to buy to show certified, but definitely not going to vote for this with my dollars.  Can you return and keep your review posted?  One would assume you could.

Nico, I could but would probably have to pay shipping which is no big deal. Actually, I could call Amazon and pitch a fit about the fraudulent words of the connection with W30 and I am sure Amazon would send me a mailing label. I am a very good customer of theirs. :wub:

Kept myself amused this evening reading everyone's reviews and comments, and adding mine.  One 5-star review by a guy who probably wrote the book, because his other reviews are all for knock-off stuff as well, one 4-star review from a woman who did a Whole30, thinks the recipes are fine for afterwards, and that the ISWF people need to 'lighten up'.  and 150 1-star reviews from all of us!  fun.

Maryann, I learned from the W9 FB page that the woman who reviewed it is someone banned from this site, FB and W9 in general, so that was not an honest or sincere review.

I just went to review it (had to be on my laptop to do it which is a rare occurrence lately) and noticed it says it's a best seller. Whaaat??? I think it's because it has 161 reviews so Amazon is assuming 161 have been purchased. Everyone did a fine job, so I will refrain so as not to add to the false sales count. :wacko:

Archived