DanielleM

Hi All,

I just finished my 30 days yesterday. I have lunch plans on Friday. We're going to a thai place. I haven't began the reintroduction phase, and I'm concerned with my choices here.

Can anyone give me some advice since I don't know how I will react? Or should I throw caution to the wind and simply order the best thing I can?

http://www.thaielephantaz.com/#!menu/c117t

I, personally, would get the Red Curry with Seafood or Beef and no rice...makes it more like a soup.  I typically stay away from the stir-fry dishes because who knows what is in the sauces.  I would stay away from the salads because they are usually served with a sweet dressing.  A couple of the house specialties look good but I'd ask about any sauces.

Now I want Thai....  ^_^

I don't have time to do a completely proper reintroduction phase. I have several back to back business trips coming up, where eating out is going to be the norm. My plan was to simply stay as paleo and compliant as possible, and avoid what I can. I already know I don't really want to reintroduce grains, soy, and most sugar. Dairy- I was lactose intolerant before, except cheese and butter. I'd like to have those once in a while, but certainly not often. I've lost my taste for them.

As far as the salads at this thai place- I don't eat dressing anyway. If I ask them to eliminate the ground roasted rice and no dressing would that work as an option? I can bring coconut flakes or macadamia nuts for a fat source. Or go with the red curry as Jinske suggested. :)

The dinner menu has lots of great looking salads that I want immediately. :) The curries will more than likely have soy oil. Rice is pretty harmless to most. Might be fun to have some. It's the one thing I offroad with when I have Japanese or Thai. :)

I tried to order a salad, no dressing.... but they couldn't do the salads without. Ended up with Red Curry, skipped the rice and fried spring roll that came with it.

So glad I faced this challenge after my Whole30! Thanks for the help and suggestions all.

Archived