Stina's Whole30 Completed - and now what to do?

Stinawants

I finished my Whole30 on June 5.  And continued to eat the same way through June 7.  June 8, I hosted a party which included cheesecake and cocktails.  People brought potluck, and I stayed away from it.  But my cheesecake and cocktails not so much.

Today, my gut is still mad at me.  Not to mention I am sluggish in the afternoons all over again.  Does it really only take one day of re-introducing sugars and dairy back in, to make you feel like crap for the next 3 days?  Or is it my body saying 'hey, I realize you haven't had this stuff in awhile...so I need to adjust a little.  Because I am in suger/dairy shock.'

I love my cheese and wine.  But I am thinking that cheese is a bad bad idea now.  And I may only eat it on special situations (and not in cheesecake!).  I am also thinking my alcoholic beverage may be the occasional wine...no foofoo drinks.

Overall I am thinking I should continue eating as if I am on the Whole30 for the most part...and have the occasional allowance.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks. 

If I read you correctly, you reintroduced grains (if the cheesecake had a crust), sugar, and dairy all at once, along with alcohol, so you cannot be wholly sure what made you feel so awful afterwards.  I think it would make sense to try to isolate what you react to most strongly, so returning to W30 eating for a while and then doing a systemic set of re-introduction trials.  Then you would have a better idea in advance of what you might "pay" for your occasional indulgences.  I know some people land on the compromise of W30 at home and cautious but not rigid when visiting friends or restaurants.  Perhaps that would work for you, once you do a full reintroduction and figure out what you can work with and what you want to avoid indefinitely.

You can definitely feel crummy for 3 or more days after eating something like that. Every time I eat sugar, I have emotional issues for about 3 days. For up to a week after eating sugar and/or wheat, I have terrible junk food and sugar cravings. 

Archived