What drink to put supplement powder in?

Christina Cowell

I have to take D-Ribose and it's supposed to be mixed into something like juice, smoothie, cottage cheese, yogurt, milk... Obviously most things that I can't have. I have been using a store bought fruit smoothie (only fruit with no additives) as I only drink a few ounces with each dose (have to do it 3x/day). I try to do it around mealtimes so that it doesn't spike my blood sugar, but it doesn't always work out timing-wise. I like the smoothies because I can suspend my liquid Vit D in it as well. What would everyones recommendations be for the best drink or food for my D-Ribose? Or am I doing ok with the smoothie I'm already using?

Thanks!

Christina :0)

www.facebook.com/PracticingPrimal

Thanks everyone.... Think I'll stick with my smoothie as the other suggestions aren't really feasible (I don't have stock/soup on hand, the applesauce would do the same as the smoothie anyway and I can't find it without added sugar anyway and I rarely drink coffee!).

Kirsteen - I didn't know you have ME... That's what I've got (although it may lean more towards CFS) along with adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid. I just started D-Ribose so I haven't noticed any difference yet! Any tips or tricks as I'm on Day 14 (4th attempt!) and still dragging and feeling crap... Still need my 3 hour nap every day and my husband is fed up with my depression/crankiness. :0( What supplants do you take?? I can't afford everything that was recommended. Did W30 work miracles for you? Did it take longer than 30 days? Sorry to have so many questions!!! :0)

Hi Christine, sorry to take so long to answer. I'd love to say W30 worked miracles but I'm afraid not. It has helped, it has lessened the pain and the brain fog and the PEM crashes are not quite so severe and usually of shorter duration now, just a day or two, whereas before they could last a week with totally swollen glands, flu like symptoms and inability to stand up. I can manage to walk a bit better and often only use one crutch instead of two. I'm also gradually increasing the length of time I can stand working in the kitchen. I'm now up to 15 mins at a time as long as I lie back for about half an hour in between. I'm reminded of the old saying 'The impossible we do at once, miracles take a little longer' :)

I'm lucky I don't suffer from depression but I have found myself getting depressed if I've had any high sugar foods like raisins or dates so I try to avoid them now. Other than D-ribose to help the mitochondria and melatonin to help sleep I haven't  found any other supplements really helpful, though I've spent a fortune trying :rolleyes:  I do take Vit D, however, as I think in this country we're pretty much all deprived of it. Other than that, I concentrate on W30 and nourishing my body as best I can. Good luck, I really hope you find some improvement.

Thanks Kirsteen! I love you - you are SO great about answering and providing information.  I admire how strong you are in the face of adversity.  What other supplements have you tried in the past and not seen to work? And what brand of supplements do you use for the D-ribose and the Vit D? Have you tried other brands and seen better/worse results for those?

Thank you!

=0)

Archived