Day 24 and getting a cold

AMF

I couldn't figure out where to put this post but I have found this section to be informative and supportive...

I'm on Day 24 of my first Whole 30. Up until today I was definitely feeling the benefits of the "Tiger Blood" phase but  this morning I woke up with a killer sore throat, which means I am probably getting the cold that is going around the office.

I very rarely get sick. Honestly, my husband had H1N1 back when it was passing through N. America a couple years back and not even a sniffle by me.

Part of me takes it as a good sign, i.e. my immune system isn't on high alert from poorer food choices so it has let its guard down, but then part of me is a bit discouraged b/c I have been treating my body so well these last couple of weeks... Is getting sick at this stage unusual? Is it a sign that I need to be doing something differently? Any thoughts/opinions welcome.

Thanks!

I don't think it's a sign you have done anything wrong; I don't think W30 gives you titanium-plated armor for your immune system, so to speak.  Germs exist in uncountable numbers and they change all the time....  But perhaps someone more experienced will weigh in on this.

Archived