Tiger Blood!

I woke up just as the sun was coming up this morning and felt great! Wide awake and raring to go. My first thought was TIGER BLOOD!

Then I closed my eyes for a moment and fell right back to sleep, and woke up a couple hours later just as tired as I usually am when I wake up. I think it was a DREAM, for heaven's sake :-)

Day 25 and no tiger blood yet, but still hoping :-)

Let's see...how to describe it...it's not that I can't get out of bed or go to work. It's most obvious when I go to the gym - and I have to DRAG myself to the gym. I sort of have what feels like a rapid heartbeat sometimes. I feel sort of heavy, headachy, and sluggish during my WODs, just not springy like I expect to be and like I usually am after nearly three weeks of Paleo. That being said, I am finishing my WODs and my time isn't completely wretched - I ran two miles Tuesday in 18:20.

I will say that this probably is the first time in a year that I've gone 20 days without sugar other than fruit.

I've posted about this in another thread because it's actually concerning me to the point where I'm wondering if there's something else going on besides detox. I've increased my salt a bit (putting some salt on my food) and my starchy carbs (sweet potatoes at dinner) and increased my water intake too.

I don't want to hijack the thread - a link to my Whole30 log is below with details about what I've been eating. I should add that I'm 51 and have been Crossfitting for just about a year. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a newbie, on Day 8. I know it's early on but I'm so incredibly fatigued. I spoke with my chiropractor, who referred me to the Whole 30, and she suggested I try eating more meat. To double the standard serving size. I've been so conditioned to thinking red meat is the enemy, and now someone is telling me to eat more of it? Yet I find my body really wants it, I am craving it. And I feel better when I eat it.

My brain is at battle with my body...what is REALLY good for me? Right now, if red meat increases my energy level, I am going to eat more of it. At the end of my 30 days, I'll sit down with my brain and body and we'll discuss where to go from there. :-)

Archived