Nutritional Yeast

Lizzard77

Official "Can I have guide" says 

Nutritional Yeast: Yes

Just consider your source carefully and make sure the option you choose is gluten-free. Also, please don't use it to make vegan cheese.

More about this thing and if it's paleo (do not mix with WH30) in general from PaleoMom here. 

Hahah all at once! I mix it with coconut milk and spices to make a dressing. I do have a thing for cheese (but i am so so over it after dairy reintro), however it doesn't not translate real cheese taste to me at all. 

I bought a huge container of it to clone the kale salad recipe at Whole Foods. I love it. Some say it tastes like cheese but I don't get a cheese flavor. I do get that umami flavor that cheese has.

Lizz..what soup did your mom make with it? I am intrigued. :)

Lolz!!  I even read the "can I have" article, well really, I skimmed it, lesson learned.  Hahaha yes, it seems I am communicating with the proper set as I we are always up for a cooking discussion!

She actually was making a Bob's Red Mill Recipe, hugely altered to be compliant: 

Vitality Soup with Nutritional Yeast Flakes

She omitted the pasta and garbanzos, added chopped carrots, cauliflower, and yellow courgette, used real onion instead of granules and homemade chicken bone broth instead of veggie stock.  It smelled and looked fabulous!  Now that I know I can eat it I will head back over Sunday and gobble it up!

And BTW, I would never, ever, EVER mauchke vegan cheese! I love real cheese way too much that mimicking it would be such a disgrace to the name of cheese, IMO.

"Gobble it up with some protein you meant"

But of course Nadia, with all good things come protein, veg, and fat :P  Some very wise people taught me that.

"Lizz..may I PLEASE go with you to gobble? I love how your mom cooks!"

I've been really proud of her.  She's a good southern cook, she taught me how to fry a chicken, make cornbread and biscuits, and smoke a brisket but about 6 months ago she had a health scare and decided to go Paleo.  Since then she has become really good at concocting beautiful paleo recipes and has expanded her repertoire. She's even considering a Whole30!

Archived