Getting my husband's attention!

SaraG

Last night I was cooking dinner and my husband came into the kitchen. He says, "your diet is really working!" I felt pleased, maybe he's seeing changes that I can't see yet. Then he continues, "I've lost 10 pounds."

And he is only doing this one meal a day and has been skeptical the whole time!

I cut wheat and sugar out on February 1. So his 10 lbs has been gradual. But he did drop 3--4 in the past 18 days of my whole 30. He complained early on that he needed his carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta) and that I was using too much fat. But he has truly enjoyed the food and all the extra vegetables at dinner.

He plans to continue with his Cheerios, skim milk, orange juice, and whole wheat bread during the day. But now that's he's seeing and feeling some healing benefits himself he's backed off on the skepticism. It's also shown me that good fats, proteins, and vegetables are powerful. He feels like my dinners are like some magical pill.

My take-away. Sometimes there is so much focus on what we give up that we forget how amazing the things we are adding in are and the healing effect they have on our body. Eliminating certain food groups has been great for me (I'm talking about you wheat!) but the care and attention to what we eat really does make a difference. I definitely feel it but its also nice to see it in someone else too.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband is exactly the same! I'm on day 22 and I know I've lost weight, but I've not weighed myself. Yesterday my hubby announced that he had lost 15 pounds - in 3 weeks, eating cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch and whatever I'm eating for dinner and weekends! He's also had a couple of nights out drinking alcohol!

He's complained the whole time about sweet potatoes and cauliflower rice - but yesterday said he's happy to continue eating them (with the addition of the odd pizza) after I complete my whole 30.

By no means have I converted him, but he's obviously seeing some benefits, even from his part-time commitment! :)

Mine's the same.  For the duration of my Whole 30, he ate pretty much what I ate, with the exception of breakfast (chocolate smoothie type drink), sushi on days I didn't make him a packed lunch, a few potatoes when I made a roast and bubble teas, custard and sweets.

He lost weight, I put weight on.  Well done dear.  That's just outstanding.

He lost weight, I put weight on.  Well done dear.  That's just outstanding.

I think you need to talk to his fat and tell them they are not allowed to relocate within the home...they must move on to somewhere else. 

Archived