Tetley Vanilla Rooibos tea

I am trying to use different types of tea to curb my sugar cravings after meals. I usually just drink Yogi teas (green or ginger) but wanted to try something different. I bought the Tetley Vanilla Rooibos tea but now I'm questioning the ingredients : Rooibos tea, flavouring, vanilla extract. Are flavouring and vanilla extract compliant? I also have pretty severe reactions to gluten so I need to watch out for the "flavourings". Tetley's website says their teas are gluten free but they can't guarantee 100%. Has anyone tried this tea or have any ideas? 

Vanilla extract is not compliant, because it typically contains sugar and/or alcohol.

I've had success with Trader Joe's Ruby Red Chai tea, which is a rooibos. No nasties.

Also, watch out for Yogi teas. Many contain Stevia leaf, which is also not W30 compliant.

Is stevia leaf not compliant? I would assume processed stevia wouldn't be because they add extra stuff in, but if you grew a stevia plant yourself and used the leaves, is that really not compliant? Especially if you are not using it specifically to sweeten something.

• 4 weeks later...

Celestial Seasonings makes a Madagascar Vanilla Rooibos tea, and the ingredients listed are "Rooibos, natural vanilla flavor, and vanilla bean" so I think that one is compliant.   It doesn't say a word about extract. 

Archived