Beef Stew Meat

Jinkse21

I went to Kroger this morning and found Simple Truth natural beef stew meat marked down by about 50% because the well by date is tomorrow. I picked up several packages to freeze but want to cook one today. Problem is, I need some help thinking of how to cook it. I am following AIP so no tomatoes or peppers and spices are limited. :( Anyone have any ideas?

How about garden veg beef soup? You could make it in the slow cooker - brown up the meat first to get additional flavor.

You could also make a hash with sweet potatoes and other veg. Since stew meat isn't the greatest cut, you'd probably want to cook it in a liquid for a while so that it's tender when you add it to the hash.

I ended up browning the meat then took it out of the pot. I sautéed an onion and garlic that was sliced up in EVOO, salt and pepper. I added carrot rounds and sliced mushrooms and sautéed for a few minutes. Added the beef then a few tablespoons of rice wine vinegar and a little over a cup of chicken broth. Put the lid on and let cook for about 45 minutes. Took the lid off and let the liquid reduce for another 20-30 minutes. It tastes just like beef stew without all the potatoes! Yum!! Going to serve it with spaghetti squash.

Archived