Starting tomorrow, June 17!

PaleoPlease

Thanks for the recipe joload30, I'll be trying that next week, it sounds excellent.  

I woke up this morning feeling amazing.  It's only Day 2 but I am filled with a lot of hope and am more committed than ever.  We're headed camping tonight.  I've packed only Whole 30 compliant foods so, unless I dig into other people's junk food, I should have a pretty successful week-end.  I'm looking forward to hiking and mountain biking.  

I'll be back online by Sunday.  Have a great week-end all!

Day 5 done! I've been off for a few days, so have been in shorts most of the time. Tonight I put on the jeans I wore day1, which were off of the dryer to top it off, and they were looser than the last time I wore them. I resisted checking the scale, but I bet I've lost at least 3 lbs if not more. Am definitely motivated to stick with this.

Start of day 6 for me, I tried doing exercise yesterday but I just didn't have the energy I have been zapped of it all. I usually do some dance aerobic exercise classes in the week but even from 30 mins of walking my legs felt dead :(.

Overtime today which will keep me busy and not snacking. Breakie large mushrooms bacon and egg. Looking forward to a big steak for dinner tonight maybe with sweet potato fries and some veg... I struggle with eating enough veg, always have but I am getting there.

Well done everyone keep going :)

Hi.  My husband and I both started Whole30 on 6/18 so today is Day 7 for us.  It's going pretty well.  We had quite a few challenges over the weekend with a 3-year old's birthday party (pizza and cupcakes easily avoided) and then a going away party for some good friends on Saturday (cake, lots of yummy foods, beer & cheetos not so easily avoided but done anyways).  We made buffalo chicken tenders with dill dipping sauce and brought carrots and celery which is almost all we ate since all the other potluck stuff wasn't compliant.  Someone did bring an orzo salad that was mostly brocolli, asparagus & almonds topped with EVOO & lemon juice so I had some of that and scooted all the orzo to the side.  Now I want to make one of those salads.  And then yesterday we went out to eat with my MIL and went to visit my parents so that is always food centric.  Survived it all and ready for another strong week!

I'm doing really well with it but my husband is struggling.  He is eating a lot and it is a mix of protein/fat/veggies and some starchy carbs since he is doing a lot of training (mostly running and swimming).  He says that he is full right after his meal but that he is hungry again within a couple of hours.  And damn, he is cranky.  Anyone have ideas on what he might need to change up?

Good Morning Everyone!  I'm still here  :) Albeit after a couple of false starts.  Today marks Day 4 for me.  Yes, that means my week-end away had a slip.  I don't want to loose track of this string because it's great to see how others are doing who started initially around the same time as me.  

I'm feeling tired today.  I skipped my am bootcamp all week and I'm feeling pretty guilty about that but I am planning to pick it up again next week on Monday.  This week I'm trying to focus on just eating right and giving myself the rest I need.  That said, I'll still try to take in a hike tonight.

I'm facing another week-end away this week which will give me a chance to practice the right way to camp Whole 30 style.  It's tough to overcome some of the strong rituals that I've adopted over the past several years but I will do it and it will feel great when I do.  One of my biggest goals is around mastering this so it's not surprising that I've faltered.  

Hope you all have a great day!

That's great to hear Heather! I was unhappy with how my choices were going... Re fruit, nuts etc. so I decided to restart as well on the 25th. I'm not going to log meals anymore. My plan is just to eat a minimum well balanced meal at each meal, accept being hungry between meals ( so I don't snack when I'm not really hungry), and get plenty of sleep, do some low key exercise every day but wait till my energy increases before I start pushing myself. Given I am compliant food wise by choice except for wine and chocolate mainly, after completing a whole100, the strict concepts of 30 days is working against me right now. I sort of find it easier now to be compliant when I am not focusing on the 30 but on the health of each meal.... Does that make sense?

All going well.

Sleeping well and loads of energy.

Paying attention to when I want a snack after dinner and generally it is due to boredom so counteract it by indulging in cups of herbal tea and going to bed early:)

Juzbo, I'm experiencing the exact same thing.  If I'm feeling like a treat that is non-compliant and I let my mind wander to the 30 day window it feels somewhat arbitrary and pointless.  My rational brain knows that it isn't arbitrary but my crazy craving brain will try to convince me to give in for that reason.  Last night I really struggled to get past a stressful day without making myself feel better with wine and food.  The result was that I got past it and I woke up feeling stronger today.  My crazy craving brain will be out with bells on tonight, however, as we head camping and old habits start calling.  No matter how prepared I am for that it will be difficult to get through.  If I think about being camping all week-end and this being one of my few breaks I will allow myself to go off plan.  Instead, I'll be taking it one meal/event at a time.  I'll be back online Sunday night and I am hopeful that I can report success with compliance over the week-end.

Suzy1, I LOVE herbal tea.  I've been drinking peppermint in the afternoons at work, it's amazing.  It's a great habit to get in after dinner but I'm not there yet.  Still going for a piece of fruit in place of desert.  At some point I'll nix that and have a cup of tea instead.  Great job!

Day 10 so far a success and I doubt I will want to eat anything else. We made Butter Chicken from the Everyday Paleo cookbook and it was sooooooo good. I ate a little too much. We had it on top of a pile of cauliflower rice with a side of spicy curried cabbage. Very yummy dinner.

Tomorrow night we are going out to a movie. I might miss the habit of popcorn and a soda for the movie but I think I'll manage just fine.

Thanks Heather,

If I had fruit here I am sure I would be grabbing a piece:). Stay strong over the weekend. Try not to break the program as you will have to re start to get the full benefit.

Have a great, clean weekend everybody:)

Sue

I started June 17 also! I am a teacher off for the summer, and hubby is usually working but he injured his shoulder at work and is home for several weeks, going to PT and perhaps even surgery down the road. He loves Whole30! We have had a few minor glitches here and there, but this forum keeps me motivated to get right back to the W30 way.

I can't imagine getting "off" W30! We are both early 60's and have tendencies to gain weight and have that toxic tummy fat. So bad for our health. I see W30 as a way of life, and I know after we complete the 30 days, we might digress with a glass of wine or a meal out, but W30 will be our normal way to eat.

I find that we might be eating more veggies than we should during our W30, but we feel good and it's working for us. It's nice to have seasonal fruit now, during the summer, but it's not a huge issue for us, two servings a day is enough.

We have figured out how to eat enough per meal to feel satisfied. That is a big accomplishment for us, since we had become junk food grazers prior to W30. Whenever I feel worried that we ate too much sweet potato or too much banana or whatever in a day, I tell myself 'Well, I didn't gain all this weight and get so out of shape from eating lean protein, eggs, veggies, and fruit!'

We are staying away from the scale, but I know we have each lost at least 5 lbs., our clothes are a little looser and our bodies are redistributing fat and muscle.

Day 12 done! I think I've also lost probably at least 5 lbs. I've managed to stay off the scale, but I am definitely not bloated any more, and my jeans are looser. I've been a bit tired the past couple days, but it could just be my work/ sleep schedule.

I'm trying to get my game plan for what I'll do from day 31 on together before I'm done with the 30 days. I've been reading some of the pertinent sections in the forum. Does anyone else know what they will do...not including the reintroduction? Will you start snacking? Will you allow yourself treats? Will you be able to maintain without rigid monitoring of food intake? Thoughts appreciated.

How is everyone doing ? Start of day 14 here and I am just about to start 2 fitness classes to give my flabby bits a bit of stability. I feel like I have lost around my middle starting to get the waist sharp again which is nice to see and boosts me a little. :)

Good Morning Everyone.  Hope you all had a successful week-end.  I, unfortunately, did not.  I am restarting at Day 1 again today.  Eventually, as long as I keep trying, it will stick and reading all of your entries along the way is very helpful to that end.

Archived