Day 27 - home stretch and feeling good!

JulieSusan

Hi there --

Well the Whole30 experience has changed the way I will eat from now on I can tell... I feel so HEALTHY, energetic, and happy.

The first couple of weeks were tough' especially the first ten days. I was very tired and hungry -- and I had the worst days at work for a few reasons. I got through a rough patch without comfort food or a glass or two of wine. I was a amazed that I could do that -- and I felt empowered.

My arthritis pain has also lessened -- not disappeared - but it's much better. I am sleeping well, too.

The only area I wasn't completely compliant was weighing myself. I was afraid I was losing too much weight at first so I stepped on the scale about four or five times...and so I increased my starchy vegetables and fat. I didn't want to lose a lot of weight because I am happy the way I am...and at my age, didn't want to get too bony. A little fat is a good thing!! .however, my tone has really improved -- I have lost about 5 or 6 pounds which is just fine!

I can't say enough about the benefits of this way of eating/living. I am looking forward to the next phase and know that the Whole 30 is a great baseline.

any recommendations for post Whole30?

Julie

Congrats on how far you've come!  I'm 7 days behind you!  :) 

Do you have the ISWF book?  Chapter 19 has a sample schedule for reintroducing food groups.  You're supposed to keep the rest of your diet Whole-30 compliant during this period:
- Day 1: Reintroduce and evaluate dairy products
- Day 4: Reintroduce and evaluate gluten-containing grains
- Day 7: Reintroduce and evaluate non-gluten grains
- Day 10: Reintroduce and evaluate legumes.

When you reintroduce, you're supposed to have something in the food group three times a day and notice any changes that day and the next couple days.

Then, depending on how things go, you decide what to keep out of your diet for the long haul, or have only sporadically going forward.

Also, I imagine the Whole30 Reintroduction section of the forum will be helpful too. http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/36-whole30-reintroduction/

Agreed.  The day after my Whole30 ends, I'm going away for 3 days/2 nights for my annual girls weekend. I've already decided there will be wine that weekend.  :) Besides that though, my plan is to otherwise be Whole30 compliant that weekend, and start with reintroducing dairy on Monday. We'll see how that goes!

Archived