Trying a little off track treats

So I did 43 days 100% compliant, started reintroduction and decided after first food group that it wasn't worth it and quit the reintroduction as I like the food and way I feel on the whole30 format. I now live a paleo lifestyle based around the ideals of the whole 30. Until a few days ago I had not returned to any off track foods. I tried some funnel cake and a couple beers at a festival the other day for father's day. I learned a couple things. I don't like the way I feel after a couple drinks anymore and funnel cake is delicious!!! The nice is thing is I did not feel inclined to try and eat an entire funnel cake though. I split it with 3 other people and we didn't even finish it. The time sharing it and spending that time with them at the festival made the treat special and fun. The drinks on the other hand didn't taste as good as I remembered and the sensation wasn't pleasant either. I am sure in the future I will have a drink here and there and continue to indulge in special moment treats but it was nice to step outside of the boundaries of the whole30 and not to feel guilty and not go overboard either.

Thanks for sharing. I went a little off-road this past week and my belly is aching a bit. I feel like I want to do a Whole30 over again. Props to you for having the awareness and making decisions without guilt.

I have been going W30 since early April(don't know how many days as I have quit counting). I had 1 afternoon earlier this month with popcorn, sweetened trail mix and candy. Sucked big time. Waited for the "this is so great" thought that never came. So right back on the next day like nothing happened. Glad I did and doubly glad that I wasn't harassed by cravings at all after that mis step. Yeah, I agree with you in that sometimes the feeling of good health far outweighs the momentary craving. Now, I plan to have what I want-if it is worth it. For now, I am 99.9 compliant with the exception of 1/2 glass of wine 2-3 times a week and the occas piece of sugar free gum.

Archived