Shelley's Whole30 Log

Shelley

This is my third Whole30, but my first log. My first Whole30 last fall was quite successful. The highlights? I lost 9.4 lbs and slept like a baby (giving up coffee may have helped with that as well). I hadn't felt that good in a long time!

I was a vegan for a year until I jumped off the wagon. I was struggling to lose the 15 lbs I had gained back after losing 100 lbs with Weight Watchers (not as a vegan). I felt bloated all the time. So I decided to try the Paleo diet. I had never felt at such peace with food. I wasn't obsessed with it all the time and I just ate when I needed to. This past February, I decided to go back to veganism. I have heart disease in my family, and I was a little concerned about the amount of meat I was eating. But veganism has not worked for me. It doesn't work for my body and I am unhappy. I have gained back the weight I lost during my time following the Paleo diet, and even though I have been working out with a trainer for the past 6 weeks, I have been struggling to lose weight. I started back on the Paleo diet about a month ago, and want to take it a step further now. So here I am again, and there's no going back. As much as I feel bad for the animals, I've decided I care more about my happiness and health.

No alcohol, no sugar, no grains, no dairy, no legumes, no coffee, no soy, nuts only in my cooking, antibiotic/hormone free/organic meat, aim for 7-8 hours of sleep, exercise 5-6 times per week. 

Today is Day 1. Wish me luck! Feel free to offer me tips and encouragement!

DAY 1

Breakfast: 3 eggs, scrambled in ghee with sausage meat and 3/4 Mexican sausage

Lunch: 3 small chicken drumsticks, sweet potato medallions, fried in olive oil

Dinner: Baked salmon fillet with lemon & pepper, baked brussel sprouts and broccoli

Snack: 1 cup raspberries, 3 pecans

Water: 2L

No exercise today as I am home sick with a cold! I'm wondering if it's because I ate cheese and pasta over the weekend for the first time in a long time.... 

Day 2

I am at home again today, sick. I think I have a chest infection. And I have a wicked headache! I don't get headaches very often, and I'm putting this one down to caffeine withdrawal. I could even feel it in my dreams while I was napping this morning. It makes me want to brew a large pot of coffee! But I know this feeling will only last 2 or 3 days and I'll come out much better on the other side.

I'm a little stressed this week, which is probably why I got sick. I have report cards to complete by Thursday and an overdue thesis deadline. I also have a lot to do in preparation for grad school next year, and my son and I are moving in a little over a month. A little of the pressure will be off next week once the school year ends and I have more free time, but for right now, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Getting sick has not helped. Hopefully I'll feel well enough to go back to work tomorrow. Despite all of this, I had a pretty good sleep last night and got about 7 hours, without waking through the night (that's pretty rare for me). 

Here's what I've eaten so far today: 

Breakfast: Sweet Potato Hash (1 small diced sweet potato, 2 slices bacon, 1/2 diced onion, fried in 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil), topped with 2 fried eggs. This was sooooooo good! Thank you fellow Whole30ers for the idea!

Lunch: 1/2 baked salmon fillet, 1 small chicken drumstick, 1 1/2 cups raspberries/blueberries. I have to go grocery shopping for vegetables, as the fridge is bare, other than some limp kale and collard greens. 

Not sure what dinner will be tonight, but I've discovered some delicious recipes on here as I've been laying in bed. Not sure I'll have the energy for anything too elaborate, however!

Luckily, my monstrosity of a headache has subsided within the last 30 minutes. There's still a little something there, but nowhere near what it was. Hopefully, after a good night's sleep I will feel well enough to go to work tomorrow, without a headache. I went to pick up my son and stopped at the grocery store and picked up some food (I'm not sure I should have been seen in public after being sick in bed for 2 days! A shower is definitely in order!). Anyway, I just ate a yummy dinner and I already feel a little better having eaten some vegetables.

I think I will have a nice cup of peppermint tea before bed. I'm really trying hard not to snack at night time - this has always been a problem for me. Last night, I had some raspberries, and if that's the worst of my snacking, then I'm good with that. I've decided not to buy any nuts to keep in the house. I'm terrible when it comes to snacking on those, and after reading a few posts on here, it sounds like I'm not the only one! 

Here's the rest of what I ate after lunch:

Snack: banana

Dinner: Ground beef with onions, tomatoes, chopped broccoli stems, mushrooms, olives and tomato sauce  

Water: So far I've only had 1L, but will have more throughout the evening.

No exercise today. 

How long were you vegan? I am currently a "pescetarian" (hate that word) but I am thinking of eating meat again. IT's never been about the animals for me though, mostly just a matter of taste but my health has only deteriorated since becoming a vegetarian and then pescetarian about 10 years ago. 

I was a vegan for a year, until April of last year. Then I added fish for a while, but I got so sick of fish that I turned back to meat. I went back to veganism this past February but it's not for me. As much as I felt bad for the poor animals I read about, I was also hoping to lose weight as a vegan, as everyone seems to say you do. But I just believe my body does not work well with all those grains. I felt bloated all the time, not to mention STARVING like a bear every couple of hours. And I just didn't feel right, mentally or physically. A colleague said to me the other day, "everything in moderation", but I truly believe my body works and feels its best without those grains.

Are you following the Whole30 as a pescetarian? I tried to follow the Paleo diet as a vegan a couple of months ago, but I thought for sure I would die of starvation, if not malnutrition!

Day 3

Well, I made it to work today, but probably shouldn't have gone. It took me a while to fall asleep last night, probably due to my extended morning nap yesterday. And I woke up a couple of times throughout the night. It was not a restful sleep. Fingers crossed for tonight. My voice has been getting progressively worse as the day goes on, and for most of the morning I felt like a had a fever. Not to mention this killer headache I've had ALL DAY!! The best thing about today was that I got a lot of my report cards done. I will have to spend tonight finishing them up. I am hoping I feel better tomorrow - I have a personal training session in the afternoon and don't want to miss it! Doesn't look promising though. May need a doctor instead. 

I waited way too long between lunch and dinner. Although I was pretty hungry, I wasn't I'm-gonna-kill-someone-hungry like I was when I was eating all those grains. I should have brought a snack to have in the late afternoon, as I knew I was going to be at school a little later than usual. Next time. 

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 Mexican sausage, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Leftover ground beef with onions, tomatoes, chopped broccoli stems, mushrooms, olives and tomato sauce

Dinner: Chicken, onions, shredded broccoli/cabbage/carrots and mushrooms in cooked in coconut milk with cilantro (I ate some cooked chicken while I was waiting because I didn't want to pass out on the kitchen floor!)

I realized as the school day was coming to an end that I had only had one glass of water the entire day. I'll make up for it this evening. No exercise today. :( 

Day 4

I'm surprisingly right on track with the "Whole30 timeline". I woke up this morning and my headache was gone (although it made a tiny reappearance in the afternoon)! I still didn't sleep that great and still have my cold. Oh, and no voice. And as the day progressed, the "Kill All of the Things" stage, which I actually felt last night, is more like "Poor Me, Nobody Loves Me" stage. I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself. 

I have a bit of a dilemma. Tomorrow night is my end-of-year staff party, and I decided today not to attend. I was planning to bring Whole30 friendly food (one of my friends/colleagues also follows the Paleo diet). Being sick and on the Whole30 are my reasons, as well as wasting a weekend recovering from a hangover and NOT writing my thesis. Plus the whole "woe is me" thing. But it's not that I don't want to go because I really do and I want to enjoy some drinks with my friends/colleagues, and socialize. I am moving 2 hours away over the summer and going back to grad school to get my PhD, so I will most likely not be teaching with them again. It's my last hurrah. And our beloved principal is retiring so it will be the last hurrah for her as well. I know what you are all thinking. "Shelley, you could go and drink sparkling water with lemon." Really? 

I'm feeling pretty unhappy at the thought of not going. I constantly have these battles in my head and wish I could just live my life and enjoy myself once in a while without feeling guilty. I don't get to socialize much being a single parent. Most of my friends and colleagues are married with or without children, so I like to take advantage of these opportunities. It gets pretty lonely sometimes.

And I tell myself that I was planning to go with the Whole30 until the end of July so I'm extending it anyway.

But I've been doing so well!

Thoughts? Anyone?

I've been hungrier today. Here's what I ate (but I wanted more!):

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 1 Mexican sausage

Lunch: Leftover chicken, onions, shredded broccoli/cabbage/carrots and mushrooms in cooked in coconut milk with cilantro (I actually ate half and saved the other half for later, as it was a pretty large portion), 1 banana

Snack: Second half of chicken, onions, shredded broccoli/cabbage/carrots and mushrooms in cooked in coconut milk with cilantro

Dinner: Raw baby carrots (I ate these while waiting for dinner), Chicken Cacciatore (chicken breast baked in tomatoes, onions, spices)

Water: 2.5L

No exercise today. But I did visit the doctor who told me there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, and gave me a prescription for Reactine. If it's not antibiotics, I'm not taking it. 

So I decided to go to my party and drank wine and some fruity cooler-type things. I didn't eat anything too outrageous, but it was the drink that called it a day on my Whole30. Yesterday was day 5, so I'm going to carry on, call today day 6, and add 5 days at the end. So this will be a WHOLE35 (or maybe more). I have a killer headache today from the alcohol/sugar combo. Shocker. 

Day 6

I have not actually eaten very much today. My head still hurts and my tummy is feeling a little fragile. I'll have to remember this feeling next time I'm contemplating wine. Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: No breakfast (I was soooo tempted to stop for a coffee this morning, but remembered my caffeine withdrawal headache from hell earlier in the week - no, thank you! I didn't go through that for nothing!)

Lunch: banana, 5 black olives

Dinner: Leftover ground pork fried with onions/olive oil, homemade sweet potato fries. I know I should have had some veggies here, but couldn't have been bothered. I only ate the sweet potato because I bought them in a bag, pre-cut, so all I had to do was toss them in some olive oil and throw them in the oven). 

Snack: grapes

Water: 1L so far, but will have more. And no exercise today. I saw my trainer this morning and she said she will take it easy on me on Monday, given that I still have a bit of a cold. :)

Day 7

I didn't sleep that great last night, but that's not surprising after my sugar/alcohol overload Friday night. Hopefully tonight will be better. I've spent the better part of the day working on my thesis, but didn't get nearly as much done as I was hoping this weekend. Sigh.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with diced bacon, 1/4 large avocado, roasted parsnip medallions (I don't usually have veggies for breakfast, but these are so yummy. I love parsnips!). 

Lunch: Steamed broccoli with ghee, 2 salmon cilantro burgers with cilantro lime vinaigrette from PaleOMG. I left out the non-compliant ingredients and it was still delicious! And I ate a fig. 

Breakfast was late this morning, which made lunch late, so I'm probably not going to have too much for dinner. Maybe a banana with almond butter. Yes, that's what I'll have.  

Water: Only 1L so far, but will drink more and bought some yummy tea today, so may have a cup of that, too. 

No exercise today, but back to the gym tomorrow!

Hi Shelley, it looks like you're starting to feel better. I hear you about going through coffee withdrawal again. I'm glad you started a log this time. I like reading experienced loggers.

I was a vegan from 1989-1997, then a raw vegan from 2004-2007. I too wasn't doing it for ethical reasons so itvwasveay to jump back to Atkins each time. I just couldn't lose weight as a vegan. I'm a WW person as well. While I don't use their food plan, I do use it to keep my weight in check.

Take care!

Thanks, Calee. Yes, I am feeling better. And luckily I made it through the weekend without caving and having coffee. I realize I can drink it on the Whole30, but I just love it with cream, so I'd rather give it up altogether. Not to say I won't go back to it later. :)

The vegan diet was a challenge, that's for sure. Are you following a Whole30 right now, or are you just cruising the forum waiting for your turn? ;)

I think I should also go back to WW, just for the weigh-ins. Although I do love the idea of tossing that scale out the window!

Hope you're having a great day!

Day 8

Well, I had a fabulous sleep last night until the neighbour upstairs had a shower at 4:45 a.m. This is a common occurrence, being woken that early (for a long time it was 4 a.m.). My son and I are temporarily living in a 1-bedroom basement apartment until we move. My bed is in the living room, so the fact that I hear the pipes and shower upstairs is not surprising. It won't be long now until I have my own bedroom again and hopefully a peaceful (and late) sleep. On a more positive note, 4 more days until the end of the school year!! Woohoo!

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with 3 slices diced bacon, 1/3 large avocado 

Lunch: 1 1/2 leftover salmon cilantro burgers with cilantro lime vinaigrette, steamed broccoli

Pre-Workout: Leftover fried pork and onions with steamed broccoli

Post-Workout: Banana with almond butter

Dinner: Roasted sweet potatoes and parsnip (unfortunately, we were out late and I don't have any meat in the fridge so this is all I am having - I will have to go grocery shopping tomorrow). 

I need to figure out the pre-workout and post-workout food. I always think I have it straight in my head, and then I'm like, is it carbs and fat before? Is it protein and carbs after? I will review the forum to make sure I've got it straight.

Water: I've probably had about 1.5L of water today, but probably should have had more considering it's about 200 degrees here today, and I worked up a sweat at the gym. I will try to drink more this evening.

Exercise: 1 hour training session (strength training)

Day 9

This has not been a stellar day as far as the eating goes. It lacked vegetables and variety. And it was not my usual 3 meals. However, I did have the willpower to turn down wine and cake at my mom's house (it was her birthday). That's a plus - yay me!

A peaceful sleep was not to be had again last night as I woke up at 3 a.m. (not sure why) and again at 4:45 a.m. (upstairs shower again). I'm feeling very tired tonight as the last couple of days have been very hectic at school and in the evening, so fingers crossed for a good sleep! 

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs and 1/3 avocado

Lunch: 1 1/2 leftover salmon cilantro burgers with cilantro lime vinaigrette - no veggies :( 

Snack: Grapes (I had these on the run as I was heading to the mall to shop for my mom's birthday present)

Snack: Sardines, Strawberries (this was pre-dinner because I was starving by the time I got to my parents' house).

Dinner: Salmon (yes, I know, salmon again - I didn't realize this would be the birthday dinner) and baby carrots.

Snack: 3 dried apricots dipped in almond butter

No exercise today. 

I will do better tomorrow. I was hoping to get groceries today, but I seriously did not even have enough time for that. Not really sure what I will have for breakfast tomorrow....

Day 10

I've decided I'm not going to comment on my sleep until there's an improvement.

Yesterday was a very busy day as I pack up my classroom and do some end-of-year work. I didn't get a chance to write yesterday, so will share what I ate now:

Breakfast: Sweet potato, mushroom and onion hash, fried in olive oil and ghee, topped with 2 fried eggs 

Lunch: Chicken breast, raw carrots and cauliflower, 1/2 avocado

Dinner: Fried ground beef with onions and mushrooms, on top of 2 Romaine lettuce leaves, 3 olives

Snack: 6 dried apricots & 2 figs, dipped in almond butter

Water: I have no clue. I think about 2.5L but can't be sure.

Exercise: 1 hour training session - I think my trainer tried to kill me yesterday. ;)

I'll write later about how my day goes. I can't believe it's Day 11 already! Although I am doing a Whole35, it seems to be going by very quickly and smoothly. Maybe that's because I'm so busy. 

Second last day of school! :)

Day 11

Can I tell you how badly I wanted a coffee this morning? Really badly. 

Thank goodness tomorrow is the last day of school because I don't think that I could go on much longer. I am exhausted! And I just realized tonight that my thesis needs to get done like YESTERDAY. Can you say stress?

On a more positive note, we had a potluck in my class today for Multicultural Day as our end-of-year party. Samosas, pakora, Indian sweets, chips, refried beans, cookies, raisin bun with cheese, crackers with dulce de leche. What a feast! And I can proudly say that I didn't have a single bite! I made sure that I ate beforehand so I wasn't hungry, or you can be sure one of the samosas would have had my name written all over it. Hooray for me!

My body feels like it's been run over by a truck. I TOLD you my trainer tried to kill me yesterday. I wonder what she has in store for me tomorrow. 

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with onions, mushrooms and sweet potato, 3 large olives

Lunch: Chicken breast, raw carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, 1/2 avocado, berries

Snacks: Berries, banana. I had a couple of snacks throughout the afternoon as I was on the run again. Too much fruit today though. 

Dinner: I ventured out to a restaurant for dinner with my son because I couldn't imagine going home to cook something. It was my first time eating out while following Whole30. We went to Montana's and as I told the waiter my dietary needs, he took it all in and followed it to a T. I had steak (with only steak spice - hopefully there wasn't anything bad in here, but I can't be sure), garden salad (balsamic dressing on the side - I dipped my fork in it and took a piece of lettuce and as I tasted the dressing, I couldn't be sure it was compliant, so I didn't eat anymore), pan-fried mushrooms (only in olive oil) and steamed veggies. I think I felt a little reaction to something for about 5 minutes after we left the restaurant, but can't say for sure whether it was food related or sheer exhaustion. Hopefully there was nothing bad in what I ate. 

Snack: figs/almond butter

Water: lots

No exercise today. 

One more day to go!!! :)

Day 12

I didn't think today would EVER come! As much as I love my students, I am so glad this school year is over. Now I can focus full-time on my thesis and get ready to go back to grad school in September. 

I slept well last night. I think I woke up once, and that's pretty good for me. Still pretty tired though today, but I think that's to be expected after the week I've had (including a couple of tough training sessions). I'll sleep well tonight and warn my son not to wake me in the morning or he's grounded for the rest of the summer. ;) I have to admit that I do go to sleep with the TV on, and set the sleep timer to go off. I think it may be disturbing my sleep. I'm going to try to go tonight with the TV off and see if that makes a difference.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 1/2 avocado (now that summer holidays are here, perhaps I'll have more time to add veggies here)

Lunch: Chicken breast, steamed veggies, banana, 1/2 avocado

Snack: Pineapple and watermelon. I had a tin of sardines in my bag but didn't feel hungry enough to eat them after the fruit. I wanted something before the gym, so I ate the fruit.

Dinner: 4 large olives (pre-dinner) and Coconut Chicken Curry (holy crap, this was so good!). Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I ate 3) cooked in coconut milk, with onions, celery, baby carrots, sweet potato, cumin, curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder. Seriously yummy. 

Water: 1.5L but will have more.

Exercise: 1 hour training session. I'm going to try to make it to the gym tomorrow for a little cardio - maybe some intervals on the treadmill. Now that I've written it down, perhaps I'll actually get there. I generally find it hard to make it there on a Saturday. 

For the last couple of nights, I have been waking up around midnight-ish, and helping myself to dried apricots/figs with almond butter. I must stop this bad habit. I don't think it's hunger. More like mindless eating. I am going to make a conscious effort to stop doing this. 

This is the time I typically would love to have a glass of wine or two - it's a Friday AND it's the last day of school. That feeling hasn't changed. I want wine. Getting through the weekends are the hardest for me. And this is a long weekend, as well. Boo.

Day 13

Well, I am officially in thesis-mode. I got a few hours in today and tomorrow will be another full day. The "findings" chapter is causing me great difficulty as I search for ways to present my data. I found out last night that the entire document needs to be ready for submission on July 12. This is going to be a busy 2 weeks!

I had a terrible sleep last night. I was so tired that I fell asleep watching TV around 8, dozing in and out. By the time it was bedtime for my son, I no longer felt tired and it took me a while to go back to sleep. After I put my son to bed, I had 3 figs and 2 dates with almond butter. I threw the almond butter and figs in the garbage today.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled in ghee (this was also a pre-workout meal)

Post-workout: Sardines

Lunch: Leftover Coconut Chicken Curry (just as delicious as last night!)

Dinner: Beef with mango, onions and fried plantain (thanks, PaleOMG!). The only vegetables I have in my fridge are cauliflower and butternut squash, both of which I couldn't be bothered to deal with. And celery. I really don't like celery that much unless it's cooked in a sauce or something. So no veggies. Guess it's time for grocery shopping tomorrow. 

Water: 1L so far, with more to come

Exercise: 5 min. warm-up + 15 mins. interval spinning/15 mins. 10 % incline walking (3.5) on treadmill + 5 minute cool down

Day 14

I had a food dream last night. I was at a friend's house and when I was called to dinner, in my spot was a heaping mound of spaghetti with meat sauce, slices of avocado and a very large slice of bread sitting on top. I didn't eat it. I just pushed it around the plate with my fork, feeling guilty and embarrassed, wondering how I was going to say to my friend, "I don't eat that". I woke up before I had a chance. I did have a pretty good sleep before that. 

I feel stronger and thinner today. My belly seems a little flatter and I think all of my strength training is paying off. 

Today was NOT a good eating day. I didn't eat enough. I have spent the better part of the day working on my thesis at the library, and food was second on my list of priorities. But I did get groceries, so I'm all set for the next few days! 

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, scrambled in ghee, banana

Lunch: Sardines, grapes (this was on the fly at my mom's house as I was dropping my son off)

Snack: Coconut Cream Larabar (this was at the checkout at the grocery store - I asked to cashier to ring it in so I could eat it right then. Otherwise I may have passed out)

Dinner: Ground beef with onions, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, green pepper, olives, tomato paste and spices, 1/2 avocado

Snack: Grapes

Water: 1L (not nearly enough)

No exercise today, but I have a training session in the morning! And I will certainly do better with my eating tomorrow.

Day 15

Happy Canada Day!

I wish I could say I was halfway to the end of my Whole30, but since I had to add 5 days, I'm not quite there yet. :) Not much happening today. I had a pretty good sleep last night, but had to wake up a little earlier than I would have liked for my training session. It was great to get up and out, get the work done and still have the day ahead of me. I've spent the afternoon working on my thesis, and am going to take my son to the park to see the fireworks tonight. Back at it tomorrow!

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: 3-egg omelette with onions and mushrooms, banana

Post-workout: Leftover ground beef with onions, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, green pepper, olives, tomato paste and spices

Lunch: 3 small pork chops with onions, apple and spinach

Dinner: Chicken breast, roasted parsnip medallions, 1/2 avocado

Water: 1.5L so far...

Exercise: Training session (5 minute warm-up, 50-minute TRX training/cardio, 10-minute stretch). Step class tomorrow night!

Day 16

Wow! What a spin class! That's the most focused and clear-headed I've been in a long time. I loved it! Coincidence? I think not!

I spent the day at the library working on you-know-what. It's going a little slower than I would like but I'm trying not to panic. I'm going to speak to my thesis advisor tonight and hopefully she'll send me down the right path.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Leftover ground beef with onions, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, green pepper, olives, tomato paste and spices (I couldn't face eggs again this morning)

Lunch: Zucchini noodles with chicken breast, tomato, 1/2 avocado and lemon juice (I'm sooooo not a salad person), Cashew Larabar

Pre-workout: Handful of macadamia nuts

Dinner: Sweet Potato Hash (sweet potato, onions, mushrooms) topped with 2 fried eggs (Breakfast for dinner! Hooray!)

Snack: 2 dates, 8 macadamia nuts

Water: 1L so far...

Exercise: 1 hour step class

Day 17

These days are flying by! I spent today at the library working on my thesis and did a little shopping at the mall across the street on my lunch break. It felt good to have a little "me" time. I was disciplined and made sure to reel it in after an hour. Otherwise I could have shopped for the rest of the afternoon!

I didn't feel as productive today as yesterday, which is probably due to the fact that the quiet study room was closed and I had to sit at a table in the regular part of the library. Do you know how noisy libraries are these days? Kids running around screaming, playing tag, cell phones ringing and people having full-on telephone conversations right in the middle of the library. I had to move twice. Whatever happened to being quiet in the library? At school, I took my students to the library and tried to teach them that you needed to be quiet and they should whisper and not disturb others (something I thought was transferable to the real world). Clearly I'm the only one who cares! 

Today was a bad eating day. Compliant, but not good. I'm not organized enough to take a lunch with me. I have basic ingredients for a salad but the thought of a salad makes me want to cry. I need to think of something cold I can take with me that is NOT a salad. I did find a recipe once on one of the paleo websites for a spinach, walnuts, kiwis and something or other salad with a real raspberry vinaigrette. I should find that recipe. That's my kind of salad. 

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Egg and sausage scramble

Snack: Cashew Larabar and banana (too many Larabars this week, I know. This was at the mall during my mini shopping expedition and was technically lunch hour)

Lunch: Leftover egg and sausage scramble (I had to get to the gym and needed something fast)

Dinner: Chicken breast and homemade sweet potato fries 

It appears I did not have any vegetables today (other than the delicious sweet potato). I will bake some kale later for a snack. And I'll have tea. 

Exercise: Training session: 40 min. treadmill interval running, hills and speed. This was a killer, but I did it! So proud of me!

Archived