Shelley's Whole30 Log

Shelley

Day 18

I was too tired to write last night, so I'll do it now and write about today later.

Unfortunately, yesterday was a worse eating day than the day before. I didn't eat nearly enough, which is probably why I was having cravings for something I shouldn't have cravings for. I was seeing people eat and drink things, and I was like, ooooh, I want that. And that. I am making a commitment to be better from here on in. More veggies. And no more Larabars.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Banana, macadamia nuts

Snack: Cashew Larabar, strawberries and blueberries

Lunch: Ground beef with onions, mushrooms, zucchini, green pepper and spices

Dinner: Leftover lunch with 1/2 avocado, 2 dates

The labels for these meals is deceiving, as I had the snack at midday, the lunch late afternoon/early evening, and the dinner at 8:30 p.m. 

Water: 2L

No exercise today; my poor body needed a rest.

My Whole30 came to an end on Friday. I decided that this was probably not the right time to be doing this, and felt that I wasn't feeding my body right (Larabars and fruit don't cut it) due to my busy schedule. That's it from me for now. Over and out. :)

Shelley, you did a lot of good eating and exercising in the last month. I hope you can feel proud of what you achieved in the last month. I can understand wanting to do a W30 without the Larabars. I hope you'll come back when you're ready.

I think a whole 30 needs time and dedication - you can still keep eating well without the rules, and still feel better!! keep making good choices, and exercising  - not stressing about whether or not you're sticking to the rules is also good for you :)

we don't have larabars here - I was slightly tempted to order some from iherb after reading so many people mention them, but thought i'd be better off without them :P

Thanks, guys! I am feeling better with my food choices over the last few days (and no, they aren't all Paleo), but I think I just needed to not be so restricted right now. Your encouragement and confirmation of my choice makes me feel good. :) I will be back!

Archived