Primal Pacs Jerky Post-WO?

I'm getting very sick of cold chicken post wo and have an egg pre wo as well as 2eggs for meal 1 so I dont want to have egg whites post wo.  I also can't imagine having any tuna or canned fish post wo. How do we feel about beef jerky for post wo meal? Maybe with sweet potato for harder workouts? Is it considered lean protein? 

Thanks!

I don't do the jerky postworkout because of the beef...not so much "easily digested protein," LOL. Recently I've gotten the salmon from US Wellness, and I put a serving of it in a little Tupperware container and have that after my workouts. It works very well, but probably wouldn't do too well unrefrigerated for too long. 

Experiment and let us know how it works!

Is it the beef thats not easily digested or because it's been dehydrated into jerky? 
I'm so over the chicken breast and any fish that early (6am workouts) is just going to make me barf :(  

I'll try jerky for a couple of days and see how I feel. I've seen people dipping it in sweet potato puree post wo and as weird as it sounds, it looks delicious to me.  

I was addicted to those Primal Pacs for a post/pre work out food!   It is grass fed, so the beef is at least good.  I can't remember the sugar content from that wonderful mango slice and dried fruits...

If it works for you and you need something convenient and easy to eat on the go I would do it.  If you have the time to cook, I would opt for something else like the sweet potato and ghee with a ton of sauteed mushrooms/onions on top.   You can make a sweet potato 'hummus' (mashed potato, tahini, salt, lemon juice, garlic) and bring some veggies to dip or use the jerky!

Start with the small pac and work up to the big one if you need that much protein.  Watch the salt.

Archived