Eliminating Fruit?

nikiuw

I love fruit, but I think I might start to eliminate it (or have less servings) for the remainder of my Whole30. I did a Paleo Challenge at my box last year and fruit was taboo. I had good results with just veggies and protein.

Anyone else eliminate/lessen their fruit intake? How did it go?

I might indulge in watermelon 2x/week and have 1/2 a compliant Larabar after workouts.

Thoughts?

During my Whole30, I rarely ate fruit but that was because I also wanted to lose weight so it was recommended to reduce fruit and nut comsumption.  Fruit was on my plate maybe once or twice a week.  Now, I have been eating it probably once a day but that's because of all of the berries and cherries that are in season now.  I'm not so much worried about keeping it out of my diet to lose weight anymore...Don't think fruit is what made me fat!  :P

I've decided to eat the fruit I have in the kitchen right now and then only buy from Farmer's Markets on the weekends. This way I'll still have some fruit, but it will be fresh and only what I can carry home! I've been eating one watermelon the last three days.

Thank you, thank you moderator!!!  I SO love summer fruit!  My fridge is stocked with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, watermelon, and pineapple.  My chiropractor, who suggested I try the Whole 30 program, said I am not eating too much fruit when I told her my daily consumption.  So enjoy your summer fruit, people!

I think you need to factor in psychological response.  The Whole 30 recommends up to 1-2 servings a fruit a day (if I'm remembering it correctly), which is 1-2 handfuls which are served with a meal or directly following it.

I honestly don't have a great psychololgical response to fruit - in the beginning I was ok, but then I just always got 2nds, and then used it to snack in between....I ended up cutting it out at the end of my Whole 30 and I think it was for the best.  I would still like to lose a few more pounds, so once I am happier with my body size and working on maintaing I plan to add it more into my diet.  But I know that I will need to be cautious and better bout following portion guidelines.

Archived