I am at day 17, no cheats, but no extra energy either

charleyd40

First, I have to say, this is the third time I have tried to do Whole 30.  The first time I made it to day 3, the second time I made it to day 5, but this time, I am on day 17!  Yeah, I am so proud of me. I am cooking and eating and feeling pretty good.  I still have not gotten that burst of energy, but hey, my clothes are loose on me, I like the way the inches or something is going on with my body.  I am smiling all day.  I have shared some of my struggles with this attempt, but now I am bout to make 18 days and I am feeling quite fine, no extra energy yet, but I figured, I will just hold on, that will come.  For those who have encouraged, thank you.  I come on this forum everyday to see if I can offer a word of encouragement for someone else along the journey.  it has been fun. 

I told my husband that my 30 days will start when I get the energy kick and he laughed.  He is just excited that I am cooking.  We have been married 8 years and I have cooked more in the last 17 days than the entire time we have been married.  He has been the cooker and I have been the eater.  If he did not cook, then I sent someplace to eat. 

Again, thanks for the support.  17 days and enjoying my journey!

Chris, I am not sure, I think my mind was in a better place and I definitely planned better.  I had a plan and said I was sticking to this and believed that I deserved to have a metabolic reset.  I am going to stick it out as long as I can.  I hope the energy kicks in soon, but either way, I am too excited!  Thanks again.

Archived