TMI Alert! Trouble in the bathroom!

Started my Whole30 on June 1.  To this day, I have not had one, single, solid bowel movement.  They are all loose.  And when I feel the urge to go (stomach cramping), I really better get to the restroom pronto!  I will usually go once, then about 15-20 minutes later will have to go again.  I don't think I'm eating too many raw veggies and fruits.  I do not have a gall bladder so I'm really careful about how much/what kind of fat I'm eating.  Typical daily menu goes like this:

Meal 1: 2 egg scramble in coconut oil with a little ground beef and a few cherry tomatoes cooked in over a single layer of baby spinach on a salad plate.  The toms are semi-cooked and the amount of spinach is not much, together they amount to about a cup of veggies.

Meal 2:  One of the cooked ground ground beef recipes in ISWF, usually one with broccoli, carrots and peppers or celery all wet-sauteed, then cooked together in coconut oil.  No raw veggies at this meal.

Meal 3:  A salad (heaping bowl) with toasted sliced almonds and balsamic vinaigrette on top and a small 4-6 oz. steak.

I will also have a serving of fruit with one or two of these meals.  Watermelon, apple, grapes, clementine are the usual suspects.

Anyone have any good advice?  I'm always worried when I have to eat and run that I will need a bathroom and one won't be convenient.  We went to the beach on Father's Day, ate lunch on the way there (a salad topped with chicken), and almost had an issue with getting to a restroom in time once we were there.   :o

• Moderators

Here are three ideas. One, take an anti-diarrhea medication. I find that once I start, I rarely stop on my own. Meds are useful. Two, add starchy carbs to your meals - sweet potato, parsnips, pumpkin, beets, etc. Sometimes the starchy carbs help firm things up. Three, cut out all raw veggies and eat all veggies cooked.

What Tom said. Also, watermelon is suspect. If you're sensitive to it, it can cause loose stools for a few days, so if you have been eating it off and on it could be keeping you in that state. Too much water and fiber all at once, I think. Of course, watermelon is my favorite fruit, so when I find a good, large, seeded one (many seedless ones are GMO and I don't like the difference in taste) I can eat the whole thing in a couple days. If you're eating it more moderately, and with meals, this might not be your problem.

Archived